New River Season Starts Next Month

Guest Rabbit

Guest Rabbit

Now we can say it!! Don't think I have ever looked forward so much to the start of another June 16th as this year, I guess after the last two seasons I reckon it could be third time lucky, after the floods that wrecked havoc in 2007 at last the Rivers are looking tip top.

Now I have just to decide just where I start the season?? The Wye, Severn, Teme or Warwickshire Avon... what a nice problem to have :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With forecasters predicting a hot, dry summer, I'm already Googling "divorce lawyers" :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm so excited that I just can't hide I'm about to loose control but I think I like it!!! :wiggle::wiggle::roll1: I too, am looking forward to this season. I have just started my own business so I can now choose when I work as someone is is doing all the hard work :D:D

So I guess the 'chuck wagon' and I will be spending a lot more time down in the Bath/Chippenham area :) and I will be able to get a lot more fishing in this season. Always wanted to fish the Thames but never got round to it so now I have left Farnham AS I will be putting some time in there as well.

Will be getting the reels out of store soon and get them serviced & reloaded. Beach casters are going in for repair as I intend to get some more beach fishing in as well this year.

Roll on June :D

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

I really, really hope things are better come June as the Avon was just dire at the beginning of the year.

Hate to say it but I've seen plenty of 'anglers' about during the close season and I'm in no doubt our eastern european friends have been bagging up on BBQ fodder while the rest of us walk up and down the river in anticipation!

Guest Chris Perch
Now we can say it!! Don't think I have ever looked forward so much to the start of another June 16th as this year, I guess after the last two seasons I reckon it could be third time lucky, after the floods that wrecked havoc in 2007 at last the Rivers are looking tip top.

Now I have just to decide just where I start the season?? The Wye, Severn, Teme or Warwickshire Avon... what a nice problem to have :)

How lucky you are to have good river fishing in your locality, We have quite a poor choice of river fishing in essex and have to travel quite long distances to stand a chance of a Barbel or Chub.

There is the river chelmer (which is lagely slow moving and most of the weir's are innaccessible) and one or two smaller streams.

I am quite envious of your choice of waters.

Tight Lines.

Having passed my 65th, and now paying less for a licence, reduced club membership, not to mention the saving of memberships of organisations that have joined together in the Angling Trust, I've treated myself to OAP membership of Canterbury & District AA, purely to fish their bits of the Stour & Little Stour.

Now, if I can just tear myself away from fishing for shore-caught thornbacks, and the arrival of smoothounds within casting distance, not to mention mullet and bass, I can think of no better way of spending time over the next few weeks, exploring the banks with the aid of polaroids, and marking spots for an early season visit.

Does life get any better :)

Don't forget http://www.ourrivers.org.uk

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I did plenty of river fishing last month - armed with a fly rod!

I tend not to fish the rivers so much early on in the season, I'll probably still be mostly after tench in June, with perhaps a bit of smoothhound fishing from the beach. I've been disappointed by barbel on opening day in the past, I'll look to the rivers for them in late summer/autumn.

I started my closed season recon walking the weekend after the season closed - can't wait! After ignoring it for two fulls seasons now, and despite it being 5 minutes from my front door, this is going to be a season on the Thames. In the Spring/Summer there's fly fishing for pike (STILL haven't got around to it!), proper bream fishing with a soft quivertip rod and groundbait feeders, and river carping. I'm determined to get a few this year, and maybe even beat my PB. If it is a hot summer, I can also indulge in one of my favourite types of fishing, stalking chub in the crystal clear tributaries.

In the autumn, it'll be time to try to find some secret, giant perch, and then winter will be after big chub and pike.

:)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I can't wait either. I'm going to be joining this river angling club - http://www.bctac.co.uk/

Apparently John Wilson used to be a member