Mother nature

I recently went for a bike ride down round some of the local streams where I live, (or burns in Scotland) as one of my friends had said that they had seen fish rising in one of them. So I though I would take a look around some of the sites, as most of them 35years were far to polluted to support any fish at all, at one of the streams I found signs of some one had been fishing

So I though the next good day I would give it a try , it turned out to be quite productive the first catch was a small perch on a floating worm, but the next one was 3.5 lbs sea trout I was left speechless 3 more perch and 1 more sea trout later I though nature if left alone can bounce back but we still keep pushing don’t we

David :D :D :D

In the middle of Oban, after flowing through a housing estate, and numerous culverts, a very murky little burn emerges past a couple of supermarkets before discharging into the sea.

It is full of brown trout. Most of the pools have a pile of discarded supermarket trolleys in them - the trout treat them as a refuge.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

In the middle of Oban, after flowing through a housing estate, and numerous culverts, a very murky little burn emerges past a couple of supermarkets before discharging into the sea.

I think I know the place you mean. Last time I saw it was in August 2004. The stretch I saw (near the train station) wasn't at all murky - just peat stained, and stuffed full of trout. A far cry from when I last visited it some twenty years previously...

I'll have a look - I think I have the "before" and "after" pictures somewhere....

Janet

I reckon almost any bit of flowing water in Scotland will have resident brownies. The water has be pretty polluted before you'll get rid of them. I think simple survival of the fittest has created some super strains of brownies that can withstand some pretty heavy pollution.

Instead of restocking waters from fish-farms, i think we should look at these little streams for wild, hardy strains, that would probably repopulated other waters far more successfully.

What ye think folks??

'Ere David, were we not supposed to organise a clean-up??

....Andy....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I reckon almost any bit of flowing water in Scotland will have resident brownies. The water has be pretty polluted before you'll get rid of them. I think simple survival of the fittest has created some super strains of brownies that can withstand some pretty heavy pollution.

Instead of restocking waters from fish-farms, i think we should look at these little streams for wild, hardy strains, that would probably repopulated other waters far more successfully.

What ye think folks??

'Ere David, were we not supposed to organise a clean-up??

....Andy....

yes i was sorry i did not get back to you robin and i went down and cleared up a lot of the c~~p on the spur of the moment one day but it was a waste of time as it is as bad as ever but i will keep in contact

david