Riverside house to let

coxie

Good evening all,

Suddenly thought it may be a good idea to post here. Elton and moderators, apologies if this is the wrong place for this, but as you will see it is sort of fishing related.

I'll spare you the details, but I recently gave up the rat-race and moved down to Cornwall. I now have no job and no income, but I do have a house situated on the River Thames near Maidenhead Bridge. :D

Now to get to the point of this post! My tenant of the last six months has just moved out and I need to replace him. Can't think why I didn't think of this before, but this house really is an angler's dream, so, would any of you anglers be interested in renting it.

It is a three bedroom (two really, the third is tiny) town-house with a direct river frontage. I will, of course, supply more details to any interested party, but, more importantly, the fishing is fantastic :D

The house is situated about half-a-mile downstream of Boulter's Lock and is on the weir side. The river here is gravel bottomed and a nice stick-float pace. There is an island (Bridge Eyot), with all the usual island features, about thirty yards distant and you can run a stick right off the rod-end into five to six feet of water (summer level).

The first ever fish I caught from my landing stage was a four and three-quarter pound chub on legered meat down the inside. I caught the chub pictured in my avator in November 2001 on swim feedered bread flake from the island bank. It weighed 6lbs 7oz!! Now that's a good Thames chub. :D:D

My best bream was caught on the stick-float, a six pound plus on sweet-corn and I've had a 2lb 1oz summer roach on maggot feeder. In late summer the roach love hemp and tares and the dace are the size of herrings

Never had a barbel. But the area is known for them and they are certainly there.

So, is anyone interested, I do need a tenant for the forseeable future. Please contact me on stevemcox-coxie@fsmail.net if you are interested and want more details.

Again, apologies if this is not the right place for this kind of thing. :rolleyes:

Regards

Steve Cox

[ 04. December 2002, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: coxie ]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coxie,

This seems the ideal place to post this, especially with you being an old hand round here and all that, but.....

....got any pics? :D

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Barry,

As far as cost is concerned, the last tenant paid £1350 per month. Now I think that's reasonable for a three bedroom Thames-side property. However, I am realistic enough to know that the rental market is in decline and a riverside property is more attractive in the summer months than it is in winter. Accordingly I have reduced the rent to £1150 with the agent I have it on with, Atkinson and Keene of Maidenhead, who have a photo and details on their website. It is furnished and available right now.

As for mooring, the property has a direct river frontage with mooring for a small boat. You can launch your dinghy from the bottom of the garden

Elton, I do have some photos and will try to scan them. How can I then make them available to AN?

Regards Steve

[ 04. December 2002, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: coxie ]

rent??? i`d sell it buy a large motorhome and have a great time fishing wherever i like :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Ferret1959

Coxie.

Do you accept social security checks.

I'm looking for somewhere else to live and it sounds ideal.

Can you give me an idea as to average monthly bills please??