Encouragement . . . by the ladle full . . .

Sutton Warrior

When I first joined the AN Photography section . . . . XXX years ago, afraid the memory fails me on dates, however, there was a good nucleus of experienced photographers, plus plenty of would be photographers with questions. We had our ups and downs, but things went on swimmingly, a few members went and were replaced by new blood. As an Angling based forum, the od fishy picture appeared, lots of wild life and waterscapes, as well as the more usual efforts from enthusiastic amateurs. Encouragement was dolled by the ladle full, along with help and loads of banter.

Steve Randles handed on a healthy Forum to the late, Mr Wiggly. Wiggly became a friend to us all, how you do that over the Internet I have not got a clue, but he did it. Enthusiasm, advise, encouragement and a whole load of commitment and work behind the scenes, was the Wiggly trade mark, sadly Mr Wigglies passing has left a gap in every ones life that he touched. He would be devastated with what has happened to our vital and thriving forum in the space of 6 months.

We hade a unique Photo Forum, in my humble opinion. We were not high and mighty, think we know it all, pro and anorak based self opinionated hair shirts. We accepted photography for its own sake, not trying to impress with how much we had spent on a particular brand.

Janet has given you a a shake up, Delia fashion ; . . . " where are you . . . lets be having you". :bounce:

Looking at the reaction since then, Janet's words seem to have hit a spot? You only have to look at this months competition entries and picture viewings, standard is good, and the viewings are excellent, which, one assumes, means the voting will be good as well :lol: Forum chat has gone up, threads are interesting, if they don't float your boat . . . get in there and post a thread that does!

Its a start, but the forum needs to be moving back to 'Wiggly style' days, comment, chat, banter, information. Continue the 'anything goes' theme on equipment, £100 compact or a £1000 DSLR, its the eye behind the camera that makes the photo, not a fat check book in the pocket!

Lets be seeing some of those early simple, 'AN style', watery, fishie and wildlife pictures that were the trade mark of 'Anglers Net Photography'.

There are the threads of a start, a spark of enthusiasm. The weather is good we are in for a Bar-bi-que Summer, so the weather man and woman 'political correctness' :D say. No excuse, get out there and lets see what you are up to. Never mind the fancy PS'jobs, lets have some real life and how you live it.

SW . . . Some of my pleasures in similes; :camera::fish::fishing::boat::love:

PS, any vistors reading this, get you kit off and 'come on in' . . . :whistling::yahoo:

PPS, sorry, my spelling is a bit off I think??

Edited by Sutton Warrior

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have actually posted something already, but it appears to have vanished in a puff of smoke, so I'll have another try! Apologies if I end up duplicating myself...

You're right - the Photographic Competition for April has had more entries and more viewings than the last couple of months, showing that there is still a lot of interest out there. (Although I think that many of the viewings for my pictures were from the girls at work wanting to take a look!)

We had a unique Photo Forum

...and we still have! I've looked at other dedicated photography sites, and they are all just a little too "precious" for me. I like the guys on AN. I've been lurking for the past couple of years since I joined, and all I've ever seen has been help and encouragement to anyone who'd asked. Never once have I seen someone put down for taking a less than perfect shot, unlike some other forums where they appear to want to score points off each other. I'm very new to this, so I need all the help I can get - help that has already been forthcoming, and I hope will continue....

I know everyone has demands on their time - work, family commitments etc, but with a little bit of effort from all of us we can get this forum jumping again!

Janet

Edited by Janet

as a new member i have had nothing but good comments from each and everyone here and i respect you all for what you all have done with this forum and the way you all make new members feel welcome and encourage them to go out there and just have a go , and has you have stated it's not how much you have to spend on a camera it's down to the person behind the viewer and weather they have an eye for the sweet shot or not.

I must admit like the ban ta you all have between yourselfs , have just been looking thou all the old post's and i tell ya they brought a ri-smile to my face . Some day i hope to be able to join in with you all and help to give advice and just have a laugh . :lol:

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE :thumbs::clap::camera::clap2:

sorry about the spelling lost spellchecker

Edited by chef

Some day i hope to be able to join in with you all

Chef, by posting on here and with your excellent entries in the competition, you're already joining in with us!

I'm new to the photography forum also, and I've had nothing but help.

Nice one guys!

Janet

as a new member i have had nothing but good comments from each and everyone here and i respect you all for what you all have done with this forum and the way you all make new members feel welcome and encourage them to go out there and just have a go , and has you have stated it's not how much you have to spend on a camera it's down to the person behind the viewer and weather they have an eye for the sweet shot or not.

I must admit like the ban ta you all have between yourselfs , have just been looking thou all the old post's and i tell ya they brought a ri-smile to my face . Some day i hope to be able to join in with you all and help to give advice and just have a laugh . :lol:

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE :thumbs::clap::camera::clap2:

Chef

Hope you have not been looking at the old stuff toooo closely :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: keep up the postings.

Janet ...seems I have changed sex ...you guys!!!!

You are right this is a good place ,I have had nothing but encouragement and have progressed up in cameras ,to my beloved panasonic.. from very humble beginings....

no one has minded the silly/stupid questions long may we thrive

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)