loading takes ages

Software issues with the database this forum uses are causing some problems as is the fact that the servers can barely handle the load.

Its being worked on and hopefully will be better in a week or three. It may require a move to a different host with more robust infrastructure but since Elton (the site owner) pays for it out of his pocket, he is trying for a slightly less expensive fix.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

We are currently hosted at "The Planet", one of the largest server/website hosts in the world, so I very much doubt that its the infrastructure thats causing it,

Its the simple fact that the server is underpowered for the size of the forums. There will be a server move once Elton and I decide on what to go for after the fish-in.

Si. I was including the server(s) (and their thruput capacity) as a part of the infrastructure.

I know Elton had said a week or two ago that he was trying some tweaks to make performance better but wasn't sure how much good it would do. When he said "he" I sorta thought that meant the two of you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

A big reason why the server is struggling is the amount of information that the site holds in the database, I don't know whether it will be worth having a dedicated database server and seperate server for the files, it will be something to look into after the fish-in.

To be honest, the server management lot that Elton hired, messed things up and added a seperate firewall even though there was one on the server already, as you know Newt, running multiple firewalls can have a detrimental effect and can work against each other.

Once the upgrade has been completed, I will recommend to Elton that he kicks the server mangement lot into touch and just lets me deal with the servers, might even suggest he pays me what he pays them to look after it LOL ;)

if Elton could use some cash help with this move i could send him € 20 .

that i found down the back of our old couch before we recycled it

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif