small fishing boat wanted...!.....

Guest Fred Guttfield

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fred Guttfield

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I've actually found a lovely little boat and have arranged to buy it on Friday! Its 10ft with a really good Yamaha outboard, (which is only 2 yrs old), and a good trailer (combined launch and road type)which is only 4 yrs old. The boat looks in brilliant nick, with no damage, so I'm well chuffed!

All i need now is a couple of crewsavers! Anyone got one or two they want rid of???

PS I'll post pics of the little beauty on the forum when i get her!

I've just got rid of one last week!! A brand new one too!! I have seen a couple on E-bay lately, but how much do you wish to pay??

Oh! I do have one at home here! But if you are much over about 5 years old it will be too small!! Anyone got any use for it?? Let me know and I'll measure it.

By the way Fred, congrats on the boat!! And you can always make some drinks holders (it's rumored that Nugg has an idea or three in this area?!?)

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

So you didn't get my message then Chris??

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Guest Fred Guttfield

Cheers Guys,

Drinks holders.... so important, especially when one wishes to play a fish and needs to put ones pimms down.

My (nearly mine.... hurry up Friday!) is actually bright red and I would like to re-paint it. Probably a blue-green colour. Any tips? What type of paint should I be using? I bet your going to tell me 'special boat paint, really expensive!'

Thanks again guys.

Hammerite Fred LOL

We used to thin down normal exterior gloss to spray the trucks n stuff on the fairs, once it ran through a net curtain it was thin enough to spray (used to run the trucks & use their airlines to power the spray guns).

Don't know whether that would work on a boat though??

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Fred

Goodluck with the boat, tell us more, open boat? cuddy?

I "think" if it's made of GRP your going to need "gel coat" paint wise.....expensive. :confused:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Guest Fred Guttfield

Ant,

Its GRP (I think!), open, with bouyancy tanks at each end, with what can only be described as a temporary cuddy. A little frame with a tiny tarpaulin which makes effectively a little cuddy.... how sweet! The chap i'm buying it off made it for his wife to get out of the sun.

He's repainted the boat himself, which is why it's the bright red colour, and told me he used normal paint. And the red isn't flaking off and looks sound. Can I just paint straight onto that? Or do I have to sand it a bit so it keys on?

When I get her I'll put photos on the coarse forum.

Cheers guys

Fred