small fishing boat wanted...!.....

Guest Fred Guttfield

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred if it is painted in normal oil based paint you have a couple of options.

Overpaint with a similar paint, this is not long lasting and will scrape and chip easily.

or

Strip the old paint off, either sand or a quick way, use Acetone (don't use paint strippers it will damage the resin underneath). Then key the surface, dewax with acetone and re gellcoat. The gellcoat and pigment together with catalyst and Acetone are all available at reasonable cost from Glasplies, Southport 01704 540626. They are very helpfull if you have not done any of this type of work before and will send you all sorts of help sheets if you ask. Messy but easy job to do if you follow Glassplies advice

This is a better job as it won't wear and weather like paint and will only need to be done once, not anually like paint.

That's helped me too Chris!! (AGAIN :o )I don't care what the rest of them say Chris!!?? I think you are an OK guy :D:D:D

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))