Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Paul

you are a bad man Mr Dean :D

I find leathers stay on the hooks better

anyone know any good recipes for them?

I'll get mine too!

[ 23. April 2004, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: awaaar ]

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

A 30lb Common, or Mirror yeilds about 20-25 usable fillets, which make suitable dead baits for Pike and Zander. Plus the fins, guts and head,etc. make an excellent pre-bait, chum type ground bait.

Easy to get hold of as well. Just walk around your local Carp water at about 4 am. Pick up a rod from outside the bivvy you hear the snoring coming from.

8 times out of 10 there will be a Carp on.

Play the beasty quickly, and then despatch it just as quickly..... jobs a good un.

actually, now I've thought about this and a thread I posted elsewhere.....no one would blink twice at me using a roach deadbait of 4oz and few would balk at a livebait at that size.

now on the basis that a 2lb roach is a specimen fish i would never use a fish of that size, but for carp a specimen is a fish of over 20lb, so a 4lb carp would equate to a 4oz roach (or close, Ok I know it's not spot on but follow the idea not the maths) but in the UK I think people would be very upset if I put a 2lb mirror on as a livebait, yet I'm sure in countries where carp breed easily, such a bait wouldn't even raise a an eyebrow if it was used as a bait?

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

"Easy to get hold of as well. Just walk around your local Carp water at about 4 am. Pick up a rod from outside the bivvy you hear the snoring coming from.

8 times out of 10 there will be a Carp on."

:D:D

[ 23. April 2004, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: awaaar ]

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

phil dean:

actually, now I've thought about this and a thread I posted elsewhere.....no one would blink twice at me using a roach deadbait of 4oz and few would balk at a livebait at that size.

now on the basis that a 2lb roach is a specimen fish i would never use a fish of that size, but for carp a specimen is a fish of over 20lb, so a 4lb carp would equate to a 4oz roach (or close, Ok I know it's not spot on but follow the idea not the maths) but in the UK I think people would be very upset if I put a 2lb mirror on as a livebait, yet I'm sure in countries where carp breed easily, such a bait wouldn't even raise a an eyebrow if it was used as a bait?

I suspect Mr Burgess could tell you all about 2lb Carp livebaits. :D