The Anti-angler's

WEB

Do you not think we as fishermen could do more.

In my humble opinion there is a bigger localised risk to fishing due to the habits of bad anglers.

1) If we were more visible in improving environments it would strengthen our case. I often take a bin liner and fill it with rubbish left at many of the locations I fish. You dont need to be an anti to be disgusted by the state some of the shorelines are left in.

2) Styles of competitions sometimes shame us as anglers eg. killing wrasse, doggies etc to weigh them in.

3) Discaded nylon.

4) Is anything more disrespectful than live baiting ie. the end justifies the means !!

5) The use of barbed triples for pike fishing - why do we not speak to the industry and ask that all pike tackles are now made semi barbless ??. I can assure you that the Neds dont have the wherewithall to make their own.

The point I am making is that there are so many dodgy things going on that the antis can have a field day unless we tidy up our act. I make no apologies for printing this though some will complain that it gives amunition !!

What we need is a National body which self regulates, and a willingness to ensure we are acceptable to all the public. Finally less of a complacent attitude. Many anglers only support conservation to ensure they have something to catch and dont give a damn about fish stocks in general.

What do you guys think ??

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

You can use semi-barbless if you like but don't ask me to support your quest. A lot of crap if you ask me.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

peterthefisherman:

What do you guys think ??

Where to start.

- I think I resent your lumping my live baiting in with being a litter lout in your list of things that constitute 'bad anglers'.

- "What we need is a National body which self regulates,"

I think I have no idea what that means.

- "and a willingness to ensure we are acceptable to all the public"

I think you will not find any single thing in the entire world that is "acceptable to all the public".

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just a thought.

The PETA people are so proud of their plastic shoes - non-animal products, of course!!!!

Question:

Why do they support the Petro-chemical industry -probabably the most dangerous source of pollution on the planet?

David Bird

On the subject of how we are perceived by the public what about the so-called experts on TV?

Some of the fish handling I have seen on TV would get me (quite rightly) banned from my local fishery. I have always believed that the best way to handle a fish is to handle it as little as possible which is why I always (whenever possible) unhook fish in the water. On TV you see them lifted out with dry hands, Clutched tightly to the angler if they struggle, or pinned down. One "expert" always wipes the fish 2 or 3 times (to make sure as much slime as possible is removed)then waves it around in front of the camera for 10 minutes and then says "Lets put it back right away"

As for the Australian moron "lets see haw far from the boat we can hurl this fish!!!!!"

What sort of example are they setting?

Regards

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

peterthefisherman:

Points taken Newt. I know what I meant but accept that I didnt  put it over well.  

Thanks for nothing Andy, will be quite happy to leave you and this so called friendly site alone in future.

Return to the sea my friend ! :D : Freshwater is full of parasites and strange fishes who live in tiny nieches.... They spend their lives optimising the nipping of fins and stealing of scales, or follow urine trails to places painful.... the clean blast of the open sea wins every time :D

[ 31. March 2005, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Jaffa ]

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net