MP's and Expenses

nursejudy

It all goes to show just how far removed from the real world they are. The average person has a job (probably) and has to live on what is left after tax, if it's not enough then get a different job or spend less. There are thousands of people who commute to London on either a daily or weekly basis and they seem to manage, why should MPs be any different?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One chap, who was in my class at school, commutes from Weymouth to London daily. Another commutes, or did, as he's probably retired from being an income tax collector by now, from Hayling Island to central London every day.

Lots of building workers travel 20+ miles to and from work daily, wherever the job is!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

A purpose-built block of flats designated for them only, might prove to be an irresistable target for terrorists.

The House of Parliament and the home of the Secret Inteligence Service are right on the river and in plain sight from much of London. It's hard to imagine more tempting targets for terrorists than those.

I suspect that when all is said and done, the only solution that will be acceptable to the public will be suits of rooms owned and maintained by the state for use only by MP's who have costituencies outside the M25 and "expences" limited to the actual cost of travel.

Failing that, peg them to the same travel and subsistance rates as the civil servants that they employ.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

i dont know whether anyone has said it previously but an awful lot of mps sit on boards,directorships etc.they should only be an mp how can they concentrate on representing their constituents ?

one thing is certain is the silence of the political leaders,they have lost the moral highground how long before single mothers are replaced by greedy mps in the daily mail?

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

wonder how many have not claimed,perhaps we should have a poll!!!!

Three mp's made the news headlines last night, for NOT joining the gravy train, Martin Salter and two others, amazing, well done to them.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

i dont know whether anyone has said it previously but an awful lot of mps sit on boards,directorships etc.they should only be an mp how can they concentrate on representing their constituents ?

one thing is certain is the silence of the political leaders,they have lost the moral highground how long before single mothers are replaced by greedy mps in the daily mail?

I'd far sooner have an MP who has 'real world' experience than a career politician. That's why the current government is so poor IMO. I am probably wrong as my research prior to posting was cursory, but I haven't found one of them who didn't come up through politics via the council / union / civil service / local government route.

This hardly engenders a rounded attitude to life - quite the reverse. It appears to lead to a nanny state mentality and a fear of ceeding control of anything to anyone. It's like a form of paranoia and thoroughly unwholesome.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

why should MP's bother if they go off the rails ? get ousted by voters from your cushy post and your still in the trough

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle5734069.ece

plus ofcourse there other perks while your in your post! free meals ,subsidised bars etc etc etc

this is shameful she's getting rent for a london home yet has the tax payers pumping up for another one ,why not live in the existing one?

http://www.housesinlondon.com/houses_in_lo...using_perks.php

i read somewhere the MP's needed second homes and their now noted expenses ontop of their wages ,i got a tied cottage but this was part of my wages a subtle difference (the actual monetary wage was very low taking this into consideration) and this was taken into consideration by the tax people as if the cottage was wages,the MP's are ofcourse not taxed on their expenses as far as i know

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson