Just a thought?! - I no longer need this!!

If I had say a modem which I no longer needed and you could use it would you pay postage for it at £5?? And would you be prepared to pay say an extra £2 as a nominal sum for the modem?? I think I would, in fact I know it would!! What I propose is that the nominal sum was paid to Elton for the running of A/Net.

I know I have a load of things which I would describe as rubbish, but others would think that they could use?! I haveta present a scanner, odd bits of software, couple of monitors (14 and 15") I have a 17" monitor which is not working but may? be of some use?? Books on various subjects fishing and PC subjects.

What does anyone else think?? How about trying a I want ad. to ask for something?? Doesn't HAVE to be fishing related, but why not?

Pay the postage (Easily done with set of scales and a book from the post office)

I think it would work, does anyone else??

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris, What fishing books do you have available, I am slowly building up a library for when I get to move my computer into the spare room,and out of my converted loft. :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

OK Friend!! You asked!!

The Fishing Handbook to end all handbooks.

CLIFF PARKER Post = £1.15

Advanced Coarse Fishing

GRAHAM MARSDEN Post = £2.10

The life of the sea trout

G.H.NALL Post = £3.67

Top ten SOLD!!

BRUCE VAUGHN Post = £1.74

Collecting fishing tackle(A beginners guide)

TOM QUINN Post = £0.75

Where to fish 1990/91

D.A.ORTON Post = £2.83

Is that my hook in your ear?

RONALD PEARSALL Post = £1.01

Make your own fishing tackle

W.E.DAVIES Post = £0.60p

Simply salmon and other gourmet food

PRUE COATS Post = £0.60p

The Compleat Tangler

THELWELL Post = £0.60p

Up against it

Martin James (Signed to John Driver) ! sold !

Lessons from the fish

LEN COLCLOUGH Post = £2.64

Fisherman's Bounty

Nick Lyons Post = £3.36

ANGLING Fundamental Principles

Barry Rickards Post = £3.06

River Fishing !sold!

Len Head Post = £1.74

The One That Got away

Compilation with wood engraving Pictures

Post = £2.64

Fishing Difficult waters - Winning Tactics

Len Whitehead Post = £2.64

Jim Davidson gets HOOKED

Jim Davidson Post = £2.10

Go Fishing for Pike

Graeme Pullen Post = £2.10

An introduction to pike fishing !SOLD!

David batten Post = £1.74

GO FISHING with !SOLD!

John Wilson Post = £2.83

A passion for angling

TV accompanying book (personally signed by Bob James, With whom the owner of the book fished with on a number of occasions)

Post = £2.83 !SOLD!

GO Fishing year !SOLD X 1 COPY!

John Wilson x 2 copies Post = £3.36ea £4.50 the pair!!

Wilson's Angle !SOLD!

John Wilson Post = £2.83

The Art of Specimen Hunting !SOLD!

John Bailey Post = £2.10

Confessions of a coarse angler

David Plummer Post = £2.83

The treasury of angling

Paul Hamlyn Post = £4.27

I also have a copy of "Four Seasons" A signed copy number 459 of a limited number of 1489 copies. Post = £2.01 (Offers Invited) !SOLD!

And last but certainly not least!!A copy of "Wood Pool" (a carp water) Which is again a limited edition (No. 167 of 909 copies) This tome is in an as issued condition, probably never read. Post = £1.79 (Offers Invited) !SOLD!

If you wish for more details gentlemen then please ask!! All books are for sale to the highest donation to A/Net and all books are plus postage!! easiest way I reckon is to send payment to me and I will then post a running total and a mention of who sent what (That way you all know what is being collected!!) and at a given point I will then send all the payments collected to Mr Murphy!!

All books start at £1 minimumumumumum(reminds me! Must get my teeth fixed!!)

Chris

[ 12. March 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Chris Goddard ]

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Oh yes! I nearly forgot!! I also have a scanner(Flatbed) with power supply and drivers etc. Only reson I'm not using it is I got myself a CX5200 from Epson (Belting machine!) and I also bought a SAMSUNG laser printer from Makro. £50 +vat!!! Toner was £42 + but I can get one from Viking for £30. How cheap can stuff get??

Scanner is £7.50 plus post!! Which will be £7.

Chris

Chris Goddard

make sure the transport lock is locked before posting

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

AYE!! I read that too!!

On another note!! Just remembered I have a fibreglass canoe in the back yard doing Nowt!! Anyone need one?? Collect only thoughI fear!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

Norrie, If you want the book it's yours for a fiver plus postage £3.06 first class in a Jiffy Bag.

Send a PM for my address please!!

Chris

Chris Goddard