Ide be mad not too!!

dibbly88

As a small club committe member we often ask which species we can restock our pond with. We have Bream, Roach, Rudd, Tench, Carp, Chub Hybrids and Gudeon the membership then asked for Ide and oh my god what a bargan. We bought 1000 2-4" Ide i think they where 7p each and i one season they have now outgrown our average Roach each one weighing 5-6 oz.Thats not a bad return for 7 months.

We have also had to rename them due to one of thier oddities when you place one in your hand to unhook they curl up just like those pieces of red paper you used to get in christmas crackrs. to that end we now call them, "CURLY WURLIES".

Has anyone else out there had simular experiences or does anyone know of somemore top bargan buys?

Tight Lines, Dibbly88

Guest Ferret1959

I have some in my pond(nicked from a day ticket pool)and they breed like wild fire.

Nice looking little fish though.

Bargain fish? Hummm.

You seem to have struck lucky with the fish you bought, but we warned: most 'cheap' fish are second-hand, stunted and often disease-ridden. Buy on this basis alone is akin to playing Russian roulette - you WILL end up with a disaster.

Far better to invest in some proper fishery management which will ensure that the fish you have already will breed successfully and grow well.

BTW, you may well find out that - surprising to some - ide are very predatory, and the larger ones will prey heavily on small fish of most species.

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'