A passion for angling

leedsunited

anyone ever watched this truly magnificant show ?

ive watched it again and again with my grandad who is also an angler

its such an amazing video and chris yates and bob james make it even better, two lovely men .

but lets not forget the camera man hugh miles, what an amazing man he is

i believe this show reminds us all of what angling really should be, fun, and at one with nature

they are now showing re runs of episodes on uk discovery home and leisure for the next few days

i recommend watching

its on at 7 - 8 or on the plus an hour home and leisure channel 8 - 9

[ 22. September 2004, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: leedsunited ]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Passion was, during the 90's and into the new millenium, what Mr Crabtree was to angling during the 1940's 50's and 60'. Sheer magic. That you can enjoy it with you Grandad is angling. You are both so lucky that you can enjoy it.

[ 22. September 2004, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Don't forget Caught in Time - has the same 'production values' as APFA (even down to Bernard Cribbins voice over) - you can get this plus APFA direct from Hugh...See http://www.passionforangling.info/

C

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Hey Leedsunited, get Grandad on AN! There are a few seemingly as old, if not older, who would enjoy talking old times with an angler who was born B.C.!

B.C. as in 'before carp', not 'before Christ!'

I have E-mailed the BBC quite a few times to see when they are going to release this superb Angling prog on DVD.

There are lots off extras never shown according to a post i read on here a while ago./

The BBC keep telling me they have no plans to release it on DVD at the moment.

They must think it not worth there while or Sky have some deal with them to show it thus stopping the dvd release.

Im sure it would sell well and it would make a superb christmas present for any Angler.

Tyke:

I have E-mailed the BBC quite a few times to see when they are going to release this superb Angling prog on DVD.

There are lots off extras never shown according to a post i read on here a while ago./

The BBC keep telling me they have no plans to release it on DVD at the moment.

They must think it not worth there while or Sky have some deal with them to show it thus stopping the dvd release.

Im sure it would sell well and it would make a superb christmas present for any Angler.

on chris plumbs post there is a link..they are offering it on dvd there :)