Identify this Fish

Find Fish

Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum and I require you help in identifying this fish in the image?

Thank you in advance.

Tis indeed a titan triggerfish. I was attacked by one in the Maldives, after I went snorkelling at 5am to take some pictures of sharks/rays and the like. I saw a chap like this, floated about 20 feet away from him and took a snap. Bloody flash went off and this barsteward swam at my face and then took hold of one of my fins. It left me alone after me swimming backwards as fast as I could for about 40 feet.

Titans are tough. They chew up coral for a living and their teeth are pretty terrifying, especially close up.

That was the beginning and end of my underwater photography career. Never again.

Apparently they only become really aggressive like this when they are nesting. Well that and when you're doing a papparazzi on them.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery