Looking to get back into the swim of things

bezzo89

Okay so i am not completely new to fishing but i am new to the forum

My knowledge is fairly limited and very dusty, so expect some help posts over the next few days.

I havent gone fishing for at least 3-4 years now. So i was around 15/16 at the time i last went. On and off i fished since i was around 6 or 7 starting out with a pole, then after a while moving onto a rod and reel.

I used to fish with one carp rod on a bait alarm and pod.

Then used to use a pole to give entertainment in the mean time.

Always with the hope i dont get two at once, which i have done a couple of times luckily i wasnt on my own so i had someone else to be on hand!!

I have fished in france once for a week with some family and friends, and caught a couple of big carp, i cant remember the exact size or the lake but i do have them written down somewhere, i can remember taking a week off school for it as well :D oops.

I live in the Westcliff area of Essex, and i can see some others on here that are from a similar area so at times i may look for local help.

There are quite a few local fisheries but i am not sure where to start, where is good anymore and where to get bait from as the shop i used to use is now a convenience store!

Places locally i have fished are; priory park, Rochford Reservoir, Churchgate, Mill Barn, i have done a day and night at Stambridge and a couple of other lakes. I also used to fish at a members lake in the rayleigh area i think, with my next door neighbours when i first started out. I have done sea fishing off the pier a couple of times when i was really young. But its mainly coarse fishing that takes my fancy.

Im not just a Carp person either, i actually prefer to catch different species sometimes as it can be more fun, and it keeps you wondering what you are going to get on the line next time.

Out of all the time i have fished i think my favourite moment was a 13lb common carp caught on a pole with sweetcorn, right after i was told i was wasting my time and wouldnt catch anything on sweetcorn!

I strongly belive fishing should be done quietly and responsibly and cannot stand lots of noise on the lakes however you should always have fun whilst you do it!

I hope this have given you an insight into me and my fishing habits :)

alright mate?

i recently got back into angling again,i went straight down to a private water i know of where im one of very few people who are permited to fish there,a lovely little place where the fish grow very big,to my horror i noticed that all the carp have dissapeared!either stolen or eaten by otters,these carp were very special fish,left alone for many many years in an old trout fishery that shut down donkeys years ago.but there are still big roach and rudd in there so not all is lost.

noise on the bank annoys me too,the people who make the noise never catch much and if there opposite you,your chances of sport are greatly reduced,i prefer to fish in quieter locations on my local river.

enjoy your fishing mate.

alright mate?

i recently got back into angling again,i went straight down to a private water i know of where im one of very few people who are permited to fish there,a lovely little place where the fish grow very big,to my horror i noticed that all the carp have dissapeared!either stolen or eaten by otters,these carp were very special fish,left alone for many many years in an old trout fishery that shut down donkeys years ago.but there are still big roach and rudd in there so not all is lost.

noise on the bank annoys me too,the people who make the noise never catch much and if there opposite you,your chances of sport are greatly reduced,i prefer to fish in quieter locations on my local river.

enjoy your fishing mate.

Ah thats never good with the lack of carp. Altho there is a fishery which some people off here and the essex fishing forum now run, and i think i might give there a try even if i dont get many carp it would just be nice to get back into it a little bit.

Its not just noise its running constant re casting becuase they have got bored after 5 minutes,i might take my sisters boyfriend and or my cousin along with me as it was a three way conversation about fishing last weekend that made me want to get back into it.

Think i will have to source a couple of my books from before and read up again, get the old line out and practice some knots.

books are always good for information but nothing beats getting out there and doing it,becomes second nature after time.

and yes lack of carp is no good at all,i target big fish of every species i soon get fed up with fishing for the same fish all the time.

but for someone to steal all the carp from this place i was on about,out of order.i went down for a good look yesterday and no signs of otter so i assume the carp have been nicked!!some of them were more than 40 years old.gutted.