My first multi off camera flash pic.

Hellbelly

So I've been outside this arvo playing with my new flash heads. After surfing the web all week learning how to use them better and realising that wow, thats a lot to learn, its been good to get out and give it a crack.

I know, I know, its only a tyre. Well, its a start and ya gotta start somewhere. I was trying to get some strong light running up one side to give some good contrast. And, I wanted some separation from the background so popped another flash behind the wheel to see what it would look like.

Anyway, It rough I know but I'll get there.

IMG_3369-saved-at-800.jpg

rb_getcreative.gif

So I've been outside this arvo playing with my new flash heads. After surfing the web all week learning how to use them better and realising that wow, thats a lot to learn, its been good to get out and give it a crack.

I know, I know, its only a tyre. Well, its a start and ya gotta start somewhere. I was trying to get some strong light running up one side to give some good contrast. And, I wanted some separation from the background so popped another flash behind the wheel to see what it would look like.

Anyway, It rough I know but I'll get there.

IMG_3369-saved-at-800.jpg

It's a nice tyre, mick! LOL.

I like what you've done here. You're going to be doing some creative stuff, me thinks. Enjoy the new toys!

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

mmmmm nice, but ( there's always a but isn't there.)

I looked at the pic and this is what i saw, the tyre side lit nicely and the then the thread of the tyre.

I didn't notice the light behind the tyre until i read your text so maybe show a little more light in that area to show more seperation.

you know i'm not an expert. haha

Cheers Pa

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

I agree, lighting is interesting? I am seeing what I can only describe as green, blue and red 'noise' on the tread of the tyre? I presume this can be addressed as you become more familiar with the technique?

SW ofc

and i thought that was from next doors cat. :oops:

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

I can also see the red/green/blue, but to be honest I probably wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out to me. Also, the feathery bits of white light at the right hand side rear of the tyre stand out a bit - however, what do I know? One thing I do know is that I would never have thought of taking a picture of a tyre! I really need to open my eyes a bit....

I'd very much like to see the same shot without the use of the extra flash as a comparison.

You're obviously enjoying your new toys Mick - I look forward to seeing some more from you!

Janet

Cheers for the replies everyone. Yea, there's some noise on the tread. Thats probably something I should have fixed before posting. Never the less, I kinda like it, but as I said, its early days yet. @Janet, the feathery bits are just more spider webs. This is my old 4x4. Its sitting down the side of the house and doesnt get used anymore due to being defected.

Mick.

ps, got a couple of person shots tonight. I'll look at them tomorrow and post one if it's come up ok.

rb_getcreative.gif