works tournament please help

cobra

B) my works have a species race tournament each year and i need help to find where locally i can catch each one on a day ticket i have been doing quite well but need help with locations and tactics so if anyone knows where i can get these on a day ticket i would be very very gratefull:-

eel

grass carp

wild carp

cat fish

rudd

ruff

stickleback

loach

bullhead

brown trout

rainbow trout

grayling

i live near northampton/ rugby area and need to catch soon so hopefully you guys can help i know some of them are small critters but i cant seem to find them i also needmethods of which to catch them please thanks for taking the time to think about it.

For the last 6 species, forget fisheries. You could nail all 6 on the same bit of river if you put your mind to it.

Sticklebacks, brownies, rainbows, bullheads and grayling will all take a maggot legered in a river and loaches will be found alongside the bullheads under flat rocks where the flow isn't too fast fast.

You'll also pick up eels too.

That's a possible 7 species from the same bit of river.

If you can't catch a bullhead to baits, look for them along with the loaches at night.

...andy...

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

For the last 6 species, forget fisheries. You could nail all 6 on the same bit of river if you put your mind to it.

Sticklebacks, brownies, rainbows, bullheads and grayling will all take a maggot legered in a river and loaches will be found alongside the bullheads under flat rocks where the flow isn't too fast fast.

You'll also pick up eels too.

That's a possible 7 species from the same bit of river.

If you can't catch a bullhead to baits, look for them along with the loaches at night.

...andy...

is there any stretch you recomend near to northampton or rugby area

For the eels i met a guy who fishes the canal for them in the evenings . Welton side of the Braunston tunnel. Seems to think they hold up in the tunnel during the day and start heading out of it at dusk.

Catfish, theres a few in the MK waters though there not often caught.

Rudd are in lots of lakes spotting a small rudd from a small roach can be fun.

Ruffe are few and far between i use to get the occasional one out of the canal down towards leighton buzzard but you could never target them

Wild carp the only water i know is near luton but its not day ticket also spotting the difference between a true wildy and a common carp is for the proffesional.

Grass carp they may have in dog lane its a small commercial like this that is most likely.

AS for the others you'd be hard pushed in this area on a day ticket

might get the trout from one of the ressies like ravensthorpe.

but the grayling you'll have to travel

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Best bet round Milton Keynes for catfish is Beacon lake, Beacon AS members only but the ticket's less than £20 (was £15 last time I was a member 3 years ago). GU canal has eels, rudd, catfish (very few) and ruffe. Sticklebacks are in most waters but it's a hand-net or size 26 hook job (I once won money in a hard winter match with 5 sticklebacks - used a pinkie head on a 26 with 1/2 a matchstick for a float - only 2 "proper" fish were caught and 65 of the 75 anglers blanked).

Will

yes it is a challenge and im enjoying it we used to do an anual works match but as there is alot of shift workers at our place it became almost impossible to everyone there at the same time so we came up with this based on the tv rod race it lasts a year and encourages everyone to go for all species rather than just carp which is why im enjoying it so much but have reached a bit of a brick wall hence me asking on here thanks for the help ill check the venues out . B)

:rolleyes: went to the millpool yesterday and fished overnight and managed to knock cat fish of the list only a small one but i dont care so still need the others so guys please keep your ears to the floor and let me know if you hear of places where they are coming out.