Wingham Fish-In Official Thank You

Elton

As you have started another thread I suppose I should congratulate you again :yawn:

Seriously, well done Elton, and well deserved, and soooooooo nice to have an audience to witness it :clap2::clap2::clap2::1a:

Many thanks again to Steve, Peggy, Terry, Glynn and Tom for all thier hard work.

All we need now is some dates for the birthday bash as I have several members champing at the bit waiting to go, including me :fishing::)

lyn

PS. I have done it again, I am soooooooooo sorry Steve,(Campbell) thank you, thank you, thank you, for the bacon butties when we arrived. Having been up for 3 hours by the time we arrived they really were appreciated. Thank you also for the pics as Steve said they really were a great help and time saver.

Look forward to seeing you at the next AN bash.

lyn

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Awsome fish Elton, Well Done :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

There's a little clip of the Wingham Fish-In at the bottom of this article:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/editorial/carp-fishing-0509.html

(Okay, it's actually a clip of me with my fish.....but it was at Wingham :D)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Firstly, I'll echo the thanks to Steve, Peggy, Glynn, Terry and Tom for all their hard work in putting the fish in on. It's great to catch up with people at the BBQ and even when you're not amongst the fish it's just such a great place to be and I've come home feeling completely relaxed.

Secondly, I reckon I must hold some sort of record for the number of different non pike baits to have caught Pike on:

At Wingham alone I've had them on worm, corn, maggot and pellet. On this trip I added Boilie and Maize to that list.

I'll just echo Newt's comments, and say how good it's been to read all about it.

From the initial enquiries from people planning to go, through all the preparations and finally the results, it's been great reading and really shows what this forum is all about.

I'm glad that the poor weather only dampened your gear and not your spirits! Well done to all of you who went, and thanks for the entertainment!

Janet

PS. Who is that chubby cheeked little fella with the big fish? After watching the video clip, I'm now trying to find someone who can lip read....

Janet - you REALLY should make plans to go some year soon. It is an experience not to be missed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Janet - you REALLY should make plans to go some year soon. It is an experience not to be missed.

If you don't fancy driving the whole way you could stop off in Bletchley (just off the M1) and I'll drive the rest of the way. I'd appreciate the company and it would save you another 2 1/2 hours driving.

Wingham's a must, but be warned - it's addictive. The AN fish-ins have led to me becoming a member (after a fair wait - there's a waiting list and not many people seem to leave) even though it's over 130 miles and I'm unlikely to average more than 1 trip/month. IMO Steve has created one of the best fisheries in the country, particularly if you enjoy wildlife - where else can you watch a Hobby as the sun sets, have bats so close you can hear their wing-beats, be kept awake by nightingales and, having finally managed to drop off, be woken by a cuckoo calling from the tree next to your swim. The chance of a big Tench, Perch or Bream is always there, but it's the wildlife and surroundings that make it so different from most waters.

Once again, thanks to Steve, Peggy, Terry, Glyn and Tom for the fish in - as well as the AN crowd who are always a pleasure to fish with.

Now looking forward to the next fish-in, probably the birthday bash, if not Timsbury as well as next year's Wingham do.

Will

Edited by Will Wilkinson