First time users.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

Wouldn't it be nice to get to know new members on here before they start flogging their wares? :cool:

Or are they just using the site as a sale room? :mad:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't mind.

Different people want, and get, different things out of the internet.

If someone pops in and another member grabs a bargain, then fine.

I've noticed, however, how regulars do tend to be able to sell a lot quicker i.e. Jeepster's stuff din't seem to hang around.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

thats cos you sold it for me!

i do think that if a regular posts an ad, people will know that they're not going to get ripped off.

That's what I mean :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

not many intrepid sellers about ,mostly rods and reels made of compressed soot

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm with Elton on this one. By having a go at people advertising here we could be doing ourselves out of a bargain!

Let's welcome these people. Then they may well become members, which is in everyone's interest. After all, few of us have got the time to be members of umpteen Forums.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Its Elton's site so it is up to Elton. My feeling, not that it is worth anything, is that one off private sellers are fine. But when commercial concerns come on and take something for nothing, basically take the pee, then I feel that they are out of order. Same goes for people who use their signatures as blatant adverts and then write something controversial just to keep their 'free ad' up and running. Like wot a certain Norfolk angling guide does here there and everywhere!

Yes Steve, spot on.

Steve Burke:

I'm with Elton on this one.  By having a go at people advertising here we could be doing ourselves out of a bargain!

I was not having a go at sellers as individuals :rolleyes: but when a sellers 4th or 5th post goes like "thanks lads sold half of them and mainly on this site" or words to that effect then I still think Elton should get some kind of cash return for the years and money that he has sunk into AN.

I seem to be in the minority here so had better shut up :D

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Since a lot of people seem to have benefited from cheap hooks, it would appear to have been a two way street. Perhaps if the seller is reading this, they might care to put their hand in their pocket and make a small unofficial contribution to AN knowing that they'll be welcome back on future occasions. That way everone's honour is satisfied. Alan would have done that if he'd shifted all of those mackerel feathers. Feathers on a mackerel indeed...what a load of rubbish :D:D:D

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'