Shanklin, isle of wight

danny_b

Hi guys and girls

Im venturing down to shanklin in a week or so to see a friend, and i was thinking about taking a lure rod with me to have a go at the bass while she's at work, so i was just wondering if this is a good idea or not, or for any information really on where to try in shanklin. i looked on google earth and the groynes look interesting?? Is there any rock marks in shanklin or anything?

Thanks in advance

Danny

Hi guys and girls

Im venturing down to shanklin in a week or so to see a friend, and i was thinking about taking a lure rod with me to have a go at the bass while she's at work, so i was just wondering if this is a good idea or not, or for any information really on where to try in shanklin. i looked on google earth and the groynes look interesting?? Is there any rock marks in shanklin or anything?

Thanks in advance

Danny

Sandown pier is just a stones throw away ,,,good float venue as well,,,,,,,,if you pick up the IOW guide book (free)on the ferry , theres Scotties tackle shop in the adds ,,,,,,they always know whats going on ,,,,,,,,,good luck , rich,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

Interesting...I'm off to the island in August and have never fished it either. I rather fancy the southwest side close to the Needles...just a hunch.

Rich...is Scotties in Shanklin?

Moggy

Interesting...I'm off to the island in August and have never fished it either. I rather fancy the southwest side close to the Needles...just a hunch.

Rich...is Scotties in Shanklin?

Moggy

Hi moggy ,,,,,,theres a scotties in newport (capital,, ;) & the other one is in the sandown backroads ,,,,,,,,,dead easy to find though with the free book ,,,,,,,,

Good luck ......rich

Edited by groyne bandit

Hi moggy ,,,,,,theres a scotties in newport (capital,, ;) & the other one is in the sandown backroads ,,,,,,,,,dead easy to find though with the free book ,,,,,,,,

Good luck ......rich

Thanks Rich...that's good inside info! Been researching the species available...WOW! Also...found out that a member of the family that I'm visiting owns Totland pier just up from the Needles...interesting!

Thanks Rich...that's good inside info! Been researching the species available...WOW! Also...found out that a member of the family that I'm visiting owns Totland pier just up from the Needles...interesting!

This is worth looking at as well ,,,,,good luck rich.

http://www.driftwoodbeachbar.com/webcam.html,