Tackle Needed

ianuk

I am returning to fly fishing after a 10 year absence and need to replace a great deal of tackle and would appreciate your guidance. I have spent a great deal of time looking at tackle reviews, etc. So this is not a lazy post or Troll.

What would you buy to meet the following needs if budget were not an issue?

I will be fishing small put and take (?) fisheries and enjoy fishing: nymph, dry fly and buzzers. I have two rods and reels rated #6/7. I will occasionally be fishing large reservoirs.

What would you buy?

One rod and reel.

What lines?

Which landing net?

Which fly tying vice?

Tight Lines

Ian

Hi Ian,

Though I don't do this kind of fly fishing I would choose:

Rod: sage TCX 10' 7wt

Reel: LAW anti reverse

Lines: LeWullf Triangle Taper (Floating), AirFlow Di 3 & 7 (sinking), Fast & Slow Glass (intermediate), Rio Midge Tip (Sink Tip)

Net: Can't be specific here but there is a man in the North East that makes the most beautiful landing nets. Works out of an old Post Office. Maybe someone can enlighten us. I used to see him at the game fairs.

Fly Tying Vice: There is only one choice - LAW Bench Vice. With "C" clamp and extension. If you want proof go to any big fly show. You will see more of the tiers using this vice (Or one of his others), than you will see using any other vices, all makes put together. When I first tried one, it gave me better access to the hook than any other vice, and I've used a lot.

The Reel and Vice will not be easy to get. Lawrence is snowed under and can't keep up with demand. You may have to wait a year or longer if he is taking orders.

Cheers,

OT

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious"