The Great Red Mist, is it just a pike thing?

Peter Waller

Ok Peter. Fair do's. I suppose I'm over-reacting because the whole sorry affair still gets an airing on a daily basis and basically it's boring the hell out of me, to the point where I might not be a part of ANY club.

Chevin, go and do a search with 1830 (that's me) and see how wrong you are. Apart from the fact you cannot even spell my name, you have me all wrong. That's your problem. You simply cannot handle the fact I disagreed with you on another website and I actually believed we had sorted that out amiably.

I'm not the reason you don't come in here. The reasons why, you'll have to work out yourself.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope...its as rife now as it ever was. It just done in an "only kidding" type manner. That's why I bit so quickly Peter. I practically expect it now. You've never said a bad word to me before though. I should have known better.

Humbled but here all the same...Andy

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Im suprised to hear this Andy most guys I know think you lads up in Scotland have done a great job and are very envious.I should imagine the nockers are the same people who stop me and many others joining/re-joining the PAC.In an ideal world I would like to see one governing body as this would give us a bit more say but sadly I doubt that I will ever see this.Good luck to the PAAS I say.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 5 years later...

There are always anglers who think they know it all but as far as I am concerened I am always learning and happy to learn new tactics form other anglers. My only problem is the "Noddy" and bandwagon jumper, not unlike a twitcher in the birdwatching cycles who acts on other peoples finds.

Yes there are some ignorant anglers around but they are still in the minority I am by default a loner but happy to fish with Mr Crame.

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

Im suprised to hear this Andy most guys I know think you lads up in Scotland have done a great job and are very envious.I should imagine the nockers are the same people who stop me and many others joining/re-joining the PAC.In an ideal world I would like to see one governing body as this would give us a bit more say but sadly I doubt that I will ever see this.Good luck to the PAAS I say.

Hi Steve. What is it that stops you joining the PAC, or more importantly, what would they have to do to attract you back?

Tim

Reading this thread and not knowing what the hell you are all banging on about reminds me of the "Life of Brian" remember

“Judea peoples front? They are bastards we are the People’s front of Judea not like those splitters at the Judea peoples front.” The inference being that if the sperated groups are fighting amongst themselves how do they ever think they can affect real change?

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi Steve. What is it that stops you joining the PAC, or more importantly, what would they have to do to attract you back?

Hi Tim.The origonal thread was back in 2004.At that time I had not been a PAC member for some years.I wont go in to all the sad details again as I now like to think of it as water under the bridge.

I have rejoined (in fact been a member again for 3 years now I think?). It was the likes of Chris Bishop and Mark Barrat who post on here as well as several other members of the new comitee that persuaded mr back.They promised a return to the "old" PAC values and as I had "known" them for some years installed a feeling of confidence in me that I would not see the sort of antics that pi$$ed me off so badly in the early 90's.They havnt let me down.

I hadnt wanted to leave as despite all the hard work the PAC has put in over the years there is still much to do.The fight is far from won.I just couldnt be a part of something that had allowed such going ons! Instead I left and tried to carry on my own personal "fight" in what ever small way I could,namely through the pike teach ins that I do through out the country.Im much happier being able to reccomend the club once again though.

I think there are still things that need sorting in the club but Im now happy to be a member again and confident that these things will be resolved.

Incidently Ive been just as forward in promoting the club as I had been in letting people know I wasnt a member any more!

I think getting rid of regional comitees (allthough I understood the easier administration with that system) has helped avoid/prevent the abuses I witnessed back in the days I left.Maybe I wasnt the only one who saw it?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!