picture resizing from my pictures

hiya, i put some pictures into "my pictures" earlier,then double clicked to open one, with the intention of resizing it for an email.

the window that it opened in was "windows and fax viewer" and not the normal one, with the toolbar with "tools,image...etc etc"

how do i get it back to opening in the "conventional" way?

cheers. :thumbs:

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you had your pictures opening with.

What you can do is open my pictures, click tools, folder options, and then the tab for file types. You should then find the file extension you want to open (.jpg, .jpeg, .png etc) Alternately, you can do the same thing from your control panel.

Here you should be able to change the application for the file extension you want to open by highlighting the extension and then clicking change. Then just pick the application you want to use to open those types of files.

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Or Right Click the image, and from the drop down list select "Open With". Then select the programme that you wish to use . if it is there !! :D

The Older I get .. The better I was.

right..........ive right clicked and changed it to office manager,which has the facility,to resize pictures.

as the old page that opened had.

wierd,as ive not changed any settings, but downloaded that windows sp3 dowload just before?

maybe that changed it?

dunno,but at last i can resize now, although i did prefer the other page that opened.

cheers dave.

open my pics folder/right click image /drop-down menu select edit .

this will take your pic into paint where you can re size it using stretch/skew

it works for me

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

right..........ive right clicked and changed it to office manager,which has the facility,to resize pictures.

as the old page that opened had.

wierd,as ive not changed any settings, but downloaded that windows sp3 dowload just before?

maybe that changed it?

dunno,but at last i can resize now, although i did prefer the other page that opened.

cheers dave.

As you had just downloaded SP3 that may well of changed some of your settings back to a MS default, once you have changed them again you should be OK.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

As you had just downloaded SP3 that may well of changed some of your settings back to a MS default, once you have changed them again you should be OK.

Have lost count of the number of people complaining about system probs since installing SP3.

Just delete it and all should be green in the garden again B)

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com