Stop telemarketers!

Alan Stubbs

Peter Waller:

I put 'Deceased, return to sender' on much of my junk mail.

So now various computers think you are dead. But computers talk to other computers, possibly even "official" ones.

Just wait till you need to draw your OAP. "Waller ?? Never heard of him" :D:D:D

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

The TPS system is a godsend. My parents who are pensioners were hounded with calls sometimes as many as 12 a day along with the computer aided calls where there is nobody on the other end.

Whilst picking up the details of TPS from the website and registering them on their behalf. They now have complete silence. No nuisance calls, no silent calls. It has been a godsend and I would recommend the service to anyone being harassed by telemarketing companies.

Wendy

Waterman:

Is there any proof that the hash key trick actually works? I've been inundated with these calls over the last few weeks.

Only hearsay from Australia, but the guy is adamant that it works on Telstra's platform.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Hmmmm!

Digging about on the BT site.

Caller Display costs £1.75 per month.

(That's what you get led to by most routes)

Dug Deeper

Unless you take it as part of the BT Privacy Option when caller display is free.

Dug Deeper.

The BT Privacy Option is free :)

Dug Deeper

The BT Privacy Option consists of Caller Display!

(Oh! and the option to be registered on the Telephone Privacy Service.)

Do you get the feeling that they don't really want people to know (especially the people paying £1.75 a month for it), that Caller Display is available free?

TL - leon

ps You need a compatible handset to make use of the Caller Display function

[ 08. July 2005, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I have printed some stickers with 'NOT WANTED' on. I stick one of these on the reply form, with my name and address still visible and send it back in the pre-paid envelope.

After a couple of these being returned they mysteriously stop sending to me.

Have you noticed, that the glue on the envelopes is the foulest tasting of any, even beats those government envelopes.

Mick - http://www.jackfish.net

The impossible I do at once, miracles take a little bit longer.

I got rid of the Saga car insurance, they seem to work on the assumption that when you reach the age of 50 your mileage goes right down, you don't use the car for commuting and there will be no drivers under 50 years.

I filled in their application, we are both employed, use cars to get to work, cars used by the children occasionally, cover 20,000 miles per year and use the car for business as a courier. what a surprise, no further offers. The best bit was, its all true, not one little fib. I think it put me outside their target window. :D:D:D

Steam rules