main line

hello all, im looking for a new main line for my reels but just carnt decide which one to go for. i want one at about 20lb. braid is out because its banned on the syndicate im fishing i looked at the adrenaline but a friend told me its a bugger to sink. any ideas anyone?

cheers scott

hello all, im looking for a new main line for my reels but just carnt decide which one to go for. i want one at about 20lb. braid is out because its banned on the syndicate im fishing i looked at the adrenaline but a friend told me its a bugger to sink. any ideas anyone?

cheers scott

I agree with Rob,that breaking strain seems way too excessive,i wouldn't go any heavier than 15lbs.Look at gardener insight GR60'a good line that sinks well,don't get suffix synergy,that's hard to sink aswell.

i know it sounds excessive but the syndicate i am on has big beds of mussels all round the lake leaders are banned and when i joined a few of the regulars were saying that anything under 20lb sometimes snags on the mussels and snaps. how true this is i dont know and i dont really see how this can happen but its my first year so im just sticking to the advice.

scott

i know it sounds excessive but the syndicate i am on has big beds of mussels all round the lake leaders are banned and when i joined a few of the regulars were saying that anything under 20lb sometimes snags on the mussels and snaps. how true this is i dont know and i dont really see how this can happen but its my first year so im just sticking to the advice.

scott

[/quote

OI OI,

Well done scott to many members break club rules, But sticking to them will NOT get you thrown out, But most culprits are usually your own club commity caught our chairman fishing with boily's over groundbait BOTH not allowed on this water.reported him but as he is the chairman nothing happend, if it had been me BANNED. .BILL.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Try Maxima Marine Green Scott.I used to use this in 25lb on the Ebro for cats.Its a bit springier than normal Maxima but very tough.

Ive not used Adrenaline but have played with it.Iys very soft but I cant see that it would be that great on abrassion resistance but like I said Ive only played with it.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Trilene Big Game line is about as abrasion & cut resistant as any I know of. It certainly holds up to rough ground better than any other brand I've tried (although I haven't tried the one Budgie recommends).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

My choice of such lines is Gold Label ProGold. For my field test see My 2001 review

Jim Gibbinson did a series of bench tests for Carpworld a while back. A short summary of these can be found here on Angler's Net at Mono Facts

Edited by Newt
fixed broken URLs

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Guest tigger

cheers scott

I've used 12lb nash bullet on the river over sharp gravel runs and rocks as it's very abrasive resistant and the 12lb breaks at 18 1/2lb . It's quite cheap and a good dull olive green colour. I'd say it's spot on for what your looking for.

I forgot to mention "daiwa Sensor"!

Edited by tigger

I've used 12lb nash bullet on the river over sharp gravel runs and rocks as it's very abrasive resistant and the 12lb breaks at 18 1/2lb . It's quite cheap and a good dull olive green colour. I'd say it's spot on for what your looking for.

I forgot to mention "daiwa Sensor"!

I'll second Daiwa Sensor, tough as old boots and well behaved......jolly cheap as well!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!