Keep it nice please

Huge_Vitae

Carrots bloody little trouble makers. I like them boiled with a little sugar and mashed , my Lady likes em julienne style steamed with honey on the top daughter likes em cut up into circles and boiled, sod it they can all have sprouts boiled like it or lump it :angry: in fact they can make their own dinner or go to the chippy

Edited by rob.imk2

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the best way to prepare carrots is by cutting them into small cubes to be then processed in a giant factory and turned in to proper food with plenty of added chemicals and salty goodness.

Producing such delicious culinary delicacies such as tined veg and cornish pasties.

The preparation of carrots in any other way is both time consuming and unnecessary when they come processed ready for the microwave.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I don't believe in carrots and I'd like to point out that anyone who does believe in some sort of orange root vegetable in this day and age has to be some kind of a fool.

What worries me most in the indocrination that goes on in schools with regard to root vegetables and the way that carrot values are forced on our society by a minority of zelotts.

However, if I were to have a deathbed conversion, I'd go for the poof option....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Longwise makes them cook better and, therefore, taste better. They also look better on the plate.

However, if you cut carrots longwise, then you're a poof.

It's definitely a tricky one.

Elton, yup that's a toughie, but I think p***s prefer their carrots un-cut.

Intersesting to see how plate arrangement is important to you ;)

Oh how I laughed on the way to the tribunal.

I personally think you are all wrong. Carrots can be cut across AND lengthwise.

If you are wanting wheels on your to car, they HAVE to be cut across or they won't turn!!!

If they are cut lengthwise, they make excellent spears to throw (like a dart) at the animals that are cr***ing in your garden.

Cooking them is another matter entirely!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest Rabbit
I personally think you are all wrong. Carrots can be cut across AND lengthwise.

If you are wanting wheels on your to car, they HAVE to be cut across or they won't turn!!!

If they are cut lengthwise, they make excellent spears to throw (like a dart) at the animals that are cr***ing in your garden.

Cooking them is another matter entirely!

Ahh wondered when you were going to post, I waited for so long and you posted this :huh: Not a mention as to ''What Planet Is Rabbit On', but there is a reference that carrots could be used as spears !!! NONSENSE.. EVERYONE knows that ONLY asparagus should be used as a missile to deter critters that use your garden as a toilet BECAUSE ONLY ASPARAGUS HAVE SPEARS Doh!!

What about crinkle cut Carrots; or am I just a deviant???

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

bloody asparagus spears rubbish!!! france has acres of them but not one was used in agincourt ,french asparagus is purely for decorative purposes only and when even steamed goes as flaccid as a scoutmasters knob when caught by the bill getting his black badge.

real weapon quality veg is sprouts ,hardy little buggers that come in various bores with the added safety factor that kids wont touch them or their big brothers the cabbage a devastating form of WMD in a trebuchet much feared by Jerusalem's defenders armed with poxy guided artichokes!!!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well i must say that all you posters are taking an awful risk, by that i mean you are actually advocating the consumption of CARROTS Au naturale, this most stop now.

This is a far to volatile substance to by taken on its own whether you have, boiled, bashed, cut, diced, chopped, baked or braised. The CARROT can only be taken safety by the Human race in a Mashed form following extensive boiling and then with swede added by a formulae off at least three parts to one and then must be further pacified by the addition of double cream, Nutmeg, salt and ground black pepper.

Mark my word unless you all temper your posts on this thread it will be lock, lets not forget there are Children about for God's sake. :o

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

What about crinkle cut Carrots; or am I just a deviant???

yes!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson