Freebie editing software

Steve Randles

OptikVerveLabs, the makers of the photographic effects plugin virtualPhotographer, have released their new image editing program virtualStudio. it can do most things that we 'togs require at a fraction of the price of Photoshop - well, less than a fraction coz it's free ;)

At a first glance it looks pretty good, especially for the price. It includes the virtualPhotographer plugin and will, apparently, work with quite a few PS plugins too. The framing tool is rather nice too. It claims to handle 30 file formats "including some RAW file".

Certainly looks worth a look, even for those of us already with PS or similar.

Quote from chris on another forum, cheers mate. I thought one or two of you may be interested in playing with this as its FREE, while your at the above link dont forget to look at the virtual photographer plugin...its a great piece of kit.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Quote from chris on another forum, cheers mate. I thought one or two of you may be interested in playing with this as its FREE, while your at the above link dont forget to look at the virtual photographer plugin...its a great piece of kit.

Steve...:)

Hay Steve, I've just had a quick play . . . me as a technophobe, dragged kicking and screaming numpty, it strikes me as not at all bad for a freebie? I actually like it, mind you, dont know what that actually tells us . . . ???? :lol:

SW