Where you all going for the new season?

rickster

The Yadkin River just above High Rock Lake.

We don't have the closed season but I'm gonna do a river session just to help you folks celebrate. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt:

The Yadkin River just above High Rock Lake.

We don't have the closed season but I'm gonna do a river session just to help you folks celebrate.   :D  

Hope you have a good trip! Newt, today I bought rolled oats, spare vinegar and strawberry jelly :) Just gotta take some US-style maizey paste with me when I finally get to a river again :D

Incidentally, do you recommend malt (brown) vinegar or the clear distilled type?

cheers

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I'll probably be on the Ouse near Newport Pagnell after barbel from midnight on 16th, then on one of our local stillwaters that has a close season later in the day for some carp/tench.

Will

rivers :confused: are they those funny narrow moving lakes with fish that havent names :confused:

our nearbye one seems to be covered with unruly kids and swan crap every weekend :confused: seems lots of people confuse moving water with the seaside :confused: i just wish they`d take their litter home and the swans as well

[ 06. June 2004, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

yep i used to fish rivers (the Medway ,Stour ,Avon ,later the Wey etc) but now my mrs fishes she hates rivers and 2 people in the same swim is not a good idea .i now only now fish my local lake and on the occasion (rare) my mrs relents and comes night fishing with me (she`s Epileptic so i never leave her alone at night) one other :( the club has waters i have never seen :) but i like to fish just one swim its a sort of home from home :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

GlennB:

... Incidentally, do you recommend malt (brown) vinegar or the clear distilled type?

Malt for sure. And good luck with the odd American paste items. Let us know how they work for you. I think several of them may bring a pleasant surprise or two.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President