rickster

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The waveney, from beccles to geldeston.

quote:

Lucky people who have that sort of river right on their doorsteps
I would say we are pretty lucky too peter :D i know a few people who would love the broads on their doorstep.

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

Hi LeeSox. Change as good as a break syndrome. There is a hotel at Bathampton, right by the weir. Lovely place to stop and the food is very good. Beccles to Geldeston is, I think, the most beautiful part of the whole Broads system.

quote:

Originally posted by GlennB:

Limpley Stoke, on the Bristol Avon just outside Bath. At midnight :) That's the plan DG. Do you know that area?

Yup. Right down the M4 from me.

Ticket-wise, why not cut through all the cr@p and join Bristol Amalgamated, that's if you're going to fish the venues more than a couple of times-a-season

Depending on how far you can travel, I can PM you with some ace double-figure-barbel venues on their waters, where I actually fish for the 4+ lb mega-perch

DG

[ 07. June 2004, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

I would say we are pretty lucky too peter :D i know a few people who would love the broads on their doorstep.
Amen.

One big regret of mine is that when I was at the Uni of East Anglia in Norwich, I was in an "off-fishing" phase :( They were just about to build the mini-broad down by the Uni as I recall.

Another "off-fishing" happened when I worked in Bournemouth and lived about 15 mins walk from Throop on the Stour. Weird eh?. No more missed opportunities! fish fish fish

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

BTW I assume you know the free stretch in the middle of Bath, about 300 yds below Pultney Weir? Much over-looked but not to be sniffed-at! I've had some lovely chub on the far bank

DG

[ 07. June 2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

The Diamond Geezer:

BTW I assume you know the free stretch in the middle of Bath, about 300 yds below Pultney Weir? Much over-looked but not to be sniffed-at! I've had some lovely chub on the far bank     pm on the way.

pip pip

quote:

Originally posted by The Diamond Geezer:

Posted Image

PMs received & replied

DG

Cheers for all the info DG!

Turns out that Bristol Amalgamated AA is indeed the same as Bristol,Bath+Wiltshire AA. £30 book , signing up today :)

Tight lines !

Glenn

quote:

Originally posted by GlennB:

Cheers for all the info DG!

Turns out that Bristol Amalgamated AA is indeed the same as Bristol,Bath+Wiltshire AA. £30 book , signing up today :)

Tight lines !

Glenn

Enjoy! Few Clubs can offer more venues with more specimen chub, pike, perch and barbel than Bristol Amalgamated, and all for 30 squid!

You won't regret it .. guaranteed ..... must get my new Club Book next time I'm down that neck of the woods.

DG

[ 08. June 2004, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]