Where you all going for the new season?

rickster

All this talk about Bathhampton AA has made me feel quite nostalgic! I was a member as a very young lad! caught my first Roach from the canal and my first Pike.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am off work on leave for the first 14 days of the season so i shall be doing a bit around and about, but without question the first night is going to be after Zander, not 100% sure as to where exactly yet, but the middle level or the Ouse are looking like hot favourites, last year i had a 12.06 on the 17th, hoping for similar this year!!!

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

quote:

Originally posted by mark barrett:

... without question the first night is going to be after Zander, .... but the middle level or the Ouse are looking like hot favourites, last year I had a 12.06 on the 17th, hoping for similar this year!!!

Hmmmm nice! Good luck. Maybe the Cut-off channel too?

____________ Posted Image

Go for it !

D :cool: G

[ 09. June 2004, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

All this talk about Bathhampton AA has made me feel quite nostalgic! I was a member as a very young lad! caught my first Roach from the canal and my first Pike.

... yup, and fibre-glass has been discovered since then!! :D

DG

I have next week of work as we have a new puppy arriving on Saturday (a black mini schnauzer) to keep our salt and pepper mini schnauzer company :)

I'm off to the River Loddon between Wokingham and Reading to fish for whatever I can catch, they have:

Barbel to 14lb

Chub to 6lb

perch to 3lb

roach to 3lb

pike to 30lb (can't fish for them until I have attended/passed a course through the club)

carp to 18lb

bream to 6lb

+ others I think.

I have some pics I took last Saturday of a nice barbel swim (there is a little backstream which holds the bigger barbel/chub/perch/roach) it is 2 feet deep at the most in places but very shallow mostly and was wondering how I should attempt fish it.

The barbel swim pic would show you exactly what it looks like and it also has a couple of barbel in the pic as well but I have no webspace to upload to

[ 09. June 2004, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: j_s ]

James

quote:

Originally posted by j_s:

I'm off to the River Loddon between Wokingham and Reading to fish for whatever I can catch, they have:

Barbel to 14lb; Chub to 6lb; perch to 3lb; roach to 3lb; pike to 30lb (can't fish for them until I have attended/passed a course through the club)

carp to 18lb bream to 6lb + others I think.

...yup ... nice venue ... Apache's neck of the woods, too .... re: other species, how's about trout? .. loads of 'em in there

Re: pike, I've not heard of a 30+ lb fish having come out of there in the last couple of years, have you??

DG

[ 09. June 2004, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

mark barrett:

i am off work on leave for the first 14 days of the season so i shall be doing a bit around and about, but without question the first night is going to be after Zander, not 100% sure as to where exactly yet, but the middle level or the Ouse are looking like hot favourites, last year i had a 12.06 on the 17th, hoping for similar this year!!!

i had the 15th and 16th booked off,now i have the whole week!i shall be stalking the ever clever chevin,i hope to land a new summer best n boy do they look big!i will also try for some barbel.cant wait to get on it.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

hi j_s , member of Farnham AS i suspect

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson