Where you all going for the new season?

rickster

Not telling where I'm going, but it'll be quiet.

j_s:

The barbel swim pic would show you exactly what it looks like and it also has a couple of barbel in the pic as well but I have no webspace to upload to     :(

You can do it here , that nice Elton has sorted it for everyone.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

pike to 30lb (can't fish for them until I have attended/passed a course through the club)

im impressed if only more clubs did this, all to often come october time i see people fishing for pike without a clue of how to handle them or the correct gear to handle them.

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

DG, I'm only quoting Farnham AS on the size of pike, it did seem a bit on the large side to me and more wishful thinking than fact :D

Here is a pick of the barbel swim I found, it was very relaxing watching them move in the current.

Posted Image

James

quote:

Originally posted by j_s:

DG, I'm only quoting Farnham AS on the size of pike, it did seem a bit on the large side to me and more wishful thinking than fact :D

Here is a pick of the barbel swim I found, it was very relaxing watching them move in the current.

Posted Image

A beautiful swim, typical of the Loddon .. and you can what I mean about trout ....!

DG

quote:

DG, I'm only quoting Farnham AS on the size of pike, it did seem a bit on the large side to me and more wishful thinking than fact
A 30lb+ pike does indeed inhabit a Farnham water but not the Lodden ,you were quoting the fish from ALL Farnham AS waters ,p.s the Bream are bigger than stated and exist as "nuscience" fish in Baddy Big :D these are just nice mouthfulls for the 50lb+ cat in there :D and bread is an excelent trout bait whether floating or sunk

[ 10. June 2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I was quoting what Farnham's glossy leaflet says about the Sindlesham stretch chesters :) Every venue has a breakdown of species and weights, the website also does this.

Thanks for the tip about bread, i'm going to do a bit of prebaiting with vitalin/molasses/liquidised bread/flavoured meat on Tuesday evening and hopefully get to fish those swims on Wednesday afternoon/evening :)

I'm aware of much larger bream :) and will attempt to catch some at Big Badshot Lea and do some livebaiting for the huge cats.

Disclaimer:

The above is in jest and not serious.

[ 11. June 2004, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: j_s ]

James

I hope to be on the river Stour, Kent, at either Plucks Gutter or Grove Ferry trying out my new closed face purchase.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.