Where you all going for the new season?

rickster

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep saying Im going down my local brick pit but every time I go into my office (it is next to the River Medway) I am tempted to get on the river as it does look good!Might well be the river as the pit will be a bit busy for the first week or so.Then again the pit does usualy give up a few of its big carp during the early part of the season! Oh dear spoilt for choice!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

it certainly does, if you go down tillingham ave. turn left at bottom over the gate and look straight ahead you will see 2 willows, fish there using a hamp based groundbait (hemop and crumb) is what i use, fish to the bottom with maggot and you soon be pulling them out, word of warning tho watch the bank sides they are very weak and the river is stupidly deep, about 9ft in the middle. for the perch head same way except go over the gate and look to the right you will see a concrete slab fish there along the weed ive had perch to 3 1/2lb from there

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

Cheers Rickster that was some great info.When me and a mate looked at it in the winter it didnt look to inviting!Is it affected by the tide at all? great perch from such a water though.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

no not tidal due to the big green sluice gate by the quay there, the place i directed you to the free fishing stretch as well. if you go further up the other way near the campsite you can get the very rare chub there also a few trout nothing much up that end though.

another place i use to fish was the river breed but i dont know how thats doing now, not been there for ages

[ 06. June 2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: rickster ]

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

I'm going to Wingham, next weekend, but after the 16th June, I'll be back on the canal. I know that it probably doesn't have an enforced closed-season but, as it isn't stocked, I have not fished it since March. I've not seen other anglers on it either.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.