Suffolk Sole Fishing

Elton

I'm thinking of nipping to Felixstowe tonight to see if the soles are about. Does anyone rate my chances, or am I better off targeting something else?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Chap at the tackle shop said that he'd caught a couple of sole last week - he was fishing in the area to the left of the pier.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Cool. Gotta be worth a shot :)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Chap at the tackle shop said that he'd caught a couple of sole last week - he was fishing in the area to the left of the pier.

I tried there, all I caught was a couple of bootlaces and they were looking a bit down at heel to boot!

Sorry :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Got down there at the lowest tide I think I've ever seen there, which was fantastic for seeing how all the sandbars pan out. I also saw, a little way out, what turned out to be a Roman fort! Had quite a long chat with a local policeman, who also happens to be a kayak angler.

Excuse the quality of the photo below, as it was taken on a phone from some distance away on the clifftop, but you can just about make out another use for the sandbars if you look carefully enough :D

I had a sole first cast, so things looked good....but that was it. We were plagued by pouting and lucky old Westie managed an eel! I think I'll try fishing it over low water next time, rather than on the flood. It was a pleasant evening, quite warm in fact, but the soles just weren't there.

t9va6e.jpg

You told us to target the pouting - I'm sure I remember you saying that you consider them to be one of the East Coast's finest sport and table fish...

Still, the bacon and sausage butties were a bonus. Shame mine got covered in snotty slime. :yucky:

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Nothing to do with the fishing (although I'm sure it's a god mark!), but I found various references to the fort I saw, including this:

http://newsattic.com/d/hl/roman_fort_still...felixstowe.html