Tackle Advice - Possible Upgrades

henda11

hi,

i am wanting to upgrade my tackle but with being a fairly new to carp fishing i am not sure on what is best at the minute.

I have had a few recommendations on the following rods. Fox Warrior's and the Nash Venom Rods. I am not sure which to choose from, as the the Fox Warrior's are the best and cheapest option for me. But i'm not familiar with the rod.

Also i have been told to try the Ron Thomson Digitronic bite alarms aswell, Which i like the look of and have been told they work quite well. But i would need a steady Rod Pod to go with them.

Now onto reels, i currently use Carp Bait Runners, but i am looking for bigger reels, which are durable but at the same time affordable.

Any info would be great , cheers

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

i use to have a set of digitronic alarms for the money they are spot on but one of the alarms stopped soundng but it still worked through the reciever and the batterys last for ages i upgraded to a set of steve neville alarms but there a bit more expensive. as far as the rods if you go on the climax tackle website they had an offer on the nash venoms dont know if its still on but it was 200 pound for 3. hope this helps

i use to have a set of digitronic alarms for the money they are spot on but one of the alarms stopped soundng but it still worked through the reciever and the batterys last for ages i upgraded to a set of steve neville alarms but there a bit more expensive. as far as the rods if you go on the climax tackle website they had an offer on the nash venoms dont know if its still on but it was 200 pound for 3. hope this helps