Lovells Lake

henda11

• 1 month later...
has anyone ever fished there?, i've its quite good. If anyone could give me some info on baits and tactics etc... please let me know

hi mate, i've fished it a few times mainly without success had the odd 2 couple get away unlti last week where i had a 22lb common out the smaller lake. i was using the method feeder with luncheon meat on the hook. if your float fishing you do need to plum ur depth because the ledges are all over the place but to be on the bottom you need to be the best part of 12 13 feet deep. u can night fish it for £12 £4 for an evening ticket i caught the 22lb out of peg 21 it is a big swim plenty of room for a bivvy etc can even get 2 people on it. it is definitely worth fishing if u r local to the lake im in p'boro so it aint too far but i wouldnt travel any further to it as there are better lakes out there.

if ya need anymore info bud let me know

• 1 month later...

hi all, new to the forum

I fish there quite alot as its so near, its often quite easy but does just switch off completely at times i mostly fish the old lake

but it seems the new lake has just as big fish

most baits work but boilies or large pellets (21mm) get the bigger fish, but there a a few crayfish in the old lake

been fishing well recently