Calling it a day.

Hey Bill -

Sorry to hear the sad new syou are having to give up yakking. I hope that you still look in from time to time as I for one would like to call on your experience and knowledge. I am sure it will also help other members of the forum in time of need.

All the best for the future

Dan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill

I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope medical technology finds a way to get you back on the water again but I'd just like to record my appreciation for the way you've supported the sport right from it's embryonic days. You were one of the first people that I spoke to when we started bringing in kayaks for fishing & I know that the development in the UK owes a good deal to your pioneering - your early experimentation & research in to safe ways of doing things paved the way for how things are today.

As another poster said - don't disappear - I hope to see you at an event down Devon way in the future

Thanks again

Andrew

Johnson Outdoors UK

Awww Bill, I'm so sorry to hear you have had to give up your passion mate..:( But you can still pop in and give us some advice, and slagging too..cant you??

Its just a pity you cant fit a 50hp outboard to a kayak, cos, I for one would buy one...:):)

All the very best for the future... .. :D :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Bill

I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope medical technology finds a way to get you back on the water again but I'd just like to record my appreciation for the way you've supported the sport right from it's embryonic days. You were one of the first people that I spoke to when we started bringing in kayaks for fishing & I know that the development in the UK owes a good deal to your pioneering - your early experimentation & research in to safe ways of doing things paved the way for how things are today.

As another poster said - don't disappear - I hope to see you at an event down Devon way in the future

Thanks again

Andrew

Johnson Outdoors UK

what a nice post. i dont know what bill has done with developement etc....but i do know from personal experience what a nice guy he is. take care bill. :thumbs:

I'm sorry to hear this Bill, I hope that the days on your arse get less and the fish come into the shore for you. I have emailed a link onto a mate I know has been looking at Stealths - they're nice looking bits of kit, I had a look at some Ski's in SA in February.

Hi Mark.

Cheers me dear.

Yes they are nice bits of kit, if your mate is interested Ill give you my Tel No......though you may still have it :)

Hope your Kayakfishing continues on a safe and productive path.

Take care.

Bill :)

Sorry to hear of your retirement Bill. Always found your posts of assistance, especially back in those early (halcyon) days :) Tight lines, whatever your angle!

All the best

Jules

Hi Jules.

Thank you mate.

Tight lines to you too.

Take care.

Bill. :)

Hey Bill -

Sorry to hear the sad new syou are having to give up yakking. I hope that you still look in from time to time as I for one would like to call on your experience and knowledge. I am sure it will also help other members of the forum in time of need.

All the best for the future

Dan

Hi Dan.

Thank You mate.

Yes Ill still be looking in and enjoying the posts, and catch reports.

Good luck to you.

Take care.

Bill

I'm sorry to hear this.

Thanks again

Andrew

Johnson Outdoors UK

Hi Andrew.

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words, much appreciated.

Yes, would be nice to meet you one day if your about in Devon.

Id like to wish you all the best, and continued success for the future.

Take Care.

Awww Bill, I'm so sorry to hear you have had to give up your passion mate..:( But you can still pop in and give us some advice, and slagging too..cant you??

Its just a pity you cant fit a 50hp outboard to a kayak, cos, I for one would buy one...:):)

All the very best for the future... .. :D :D

Hi Norrie.

Thank you mate :thumbs:

A 50 may be pushing the boundries a little......but a 35 should do the trick :2:

I still have the Flambau bait bucket mate, done a great job.

Hope your well.

Take care.