Ground bait advise

paul.saunders

I'm off to north Norfolk soon and and would like to now if some one can give me an idea of an additive i could put into my groundbait for bream.

I intend to use brown crumb laced with corn,pellet,chop worm. i thought about adding brasam but have been tolled that only use that in summer. any addvice would be helpfull thanks.

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

I like using scopex but have to be honest only fished for bream in warmer wether.

fishmeal based grounbaits might work well in winter but im sure some others will have better ideas :D

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Bream magic - braddocks

sugar and spice - braddocks

braddocks

I would not put to much of the baits you mentioned in the mix.

Try casters, dead maggots, pinkies, squatts or live maggots.

But if you put these on the hook you will also catch other species.

DO NOT put chopped worm into you mix.

Instead add it as you need it IE plug feeder with grounbait then add worm then groundbait.

Same with balls of groundbait.

Grounbait has salt in it which does not go down to well with worms as they die and shrivel!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Hi

I have had a lot of success with bream this year, both on natural and commercial venues.

I favour a groundbait mix of 2/3rds brown crumb to 1/3 swimstim green. To this I add a good squirt of sensas crazy bait double squirt strawberry and scopex flavouring. Corn is a great hookbait as is redworm tipped with flouro pinkie.

Now the weather is getting colder I have started to use a half and half mix of crumb/swimstim.

works for me so try it mate.

Gary

BUDGIE:

"Grounbait has salt in it which does not go down to well with worms as they die and shrivel"

Never knew that.Even plain crumb?

Dont know if salt is in plain crumb or not.

The majority of continetal style grounbaits do have salt in them.

The trouble with groundbaits is that you dont know what is in them.

The latest van den eye range have some form of dried algee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

I no that they put a fairamount of salt in the making of bread so may have an effect on the worm. i've got some worm and brown crumb will have to experiment will let you no results :confused:

had a look at the braddocks site Rudd! great site ordered some bits can't wait to get out and try them

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

paul.s:

I no that they put a fairamount of salt in the making of bread so may have an effect on the worm. i've got some worm and brown crumb will have to experiment will let you no results   :confused:  

had a look at the braddocks site Rudd! great site ordered some bits can't wait to get out and try them

I have only just started using Braddocks myself.

1st time out using perch magic in my chopped worm and roach magic/mega tumeric on red maggots I won my section during a tough winter leauge match.

I will be ordering Tench magic next for next spring time.

RUDD