Homebrew?

SandTiger

Hi all

chesters used to brew some up but most tasted bad but hey its one way to get drunk given you can down litre after litre(also did odd wines)

get the alcohol% level right and the rest should be good:)

sg

we regularly brew our own sandtigger, just boil the kettle, pour the boiling water round the bucket, put your malt extract in with 1.5 kg of UNREFINED sugar, stir, wash out the malt tin with more hot water then top up with cold water & throw your yeast in & put the top on your bucket.

leave till ferment has subsided, then put in barrel with half oz of sugar. leave 5 days & then get ******.

enjoy :D

quote:

Hi all

chesters used to brew some up but most tasted bad but hey its one way to get drunk given you can down litre after litre(also did odd wines)

that'l teach you to drink them whilst they were still brewing :rolleyes:

colin and i were known throughout Selbourne for my El Slurpo and many cases of blindness caused through drinking it i bet :)

our best were made when you were but a sprog in woodstreet ,whitelodge was too cold

[ 30. July 2005, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

MY life already what a shmuk.A thosand appolagies my friend I thought the post said Hebrew!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

My recipe for the perfect drink. follow this closely and you will have several bottles of fine alcohol.

Ingredients.

Grapes..fully ripened french grapes 475gr

Water...500ml ...pass the water thru a purifier if you have one.

Yeast...Two level teaspoons full. if you can get it use fresh yeast not dried pre packed stuff.

Suger....use finest cane sugar...815 gr

Rhubarb..one stick of rhubarb preferably as fresh as possible.

4 large dandelion leaves.

The method.

Put the ingredients into a large stainless steel saucepan. Do not use an aluminium pan as it can taint the final flavour and and a undesirable bitterness.

The grapes and rhubarb should be crushed before adding to the mix to allow the flavours to permiate throughout the wine fully.

Dont crush the dandelion leaves...just lay them on top of the who mixture to add a trace of taste(dont forget to wash em first or the taste may be dog P).

Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and bring slowly to the boil. Dont try to rush this step or the whole flavour could be ruined.

Now comes the important bit. Once the mix is boiling vigourously add a small axe head. Boil the whole thing till the axe head gets soft. This may take some time and is therefore the ideal opportunity to nip down to Tesco's and see what wines they have on offer at 3 for a tenner. Return with your bottles and drink the contents while waiting for the axe head to soften.

Once its suitably soft bin the liquid and eat the axe head as an aperitiff .

Happy brewing.

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

You can't beat VWP Cleaner Sterilizer. Cleans muck and crud off bottles and containers while you watch.

Easy to use and unlike bleach, won't do any lasting damage if you spill or splash on clothing.

Not expensive, even when compared to Biological washing powder, as you use very little to get brilliant results.

Even used it to remove tea stains from a pot used for 'brewing in the cup' and it came up like new.

Mick - http://www.jackfish.net

The impossible I do at once, miracles take a little bit longer.

Something else worth trying with the kits is to use two kits with the same volume of water but no sugar at all. Gives a better body, I think.