Top Posters In This Topic

I just purchased the following:

Lucky Strike Lizard: Gold

Kuusamo Professor 0: Nickel/Copper

Shakespeare Temptress: Orange/Chartreuse

Cordell Riplin Redfin: Gold

Muskie Innovations Spring Dawg: Lemon & Lime

Storm Wildeye Jigging Shad 6"/42g: Shad

Hopefully these will catch me a few winter pike. The shakespeare is a bit of a novelty, I simply liked the idea of the adjustable vane, it should be quite versatile.

I'm looking into spinnerbaits. Not sure what to get yet.

Mr Sutton Sir, just ask Newt for advice on baitcasters, hooks for soft bodied lures, soft bodied lures, spinning reels, trace material, color of lures, you name it, he is the man!! A very, if not incredibly, helpful assett to AN!!

J.K:

I really wish these spring dawgs came rigged properly !!

hooks on the bottom of a lure thats ment to be dragged/bumped around the bottom = lost lure     :D    

well it does in my experience        

Joel

p.s

I will be buying a few in when I get paid next time    :D  

Joel get a decent strength braid mate then you can forget snagging and losing lures.Better to straighten a 75p hook than loose a £15 lure!

[ 24. November 2004, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Im using 67.5lb fox braid at the moment. I chose it over fireline (my sea fishing favourite when used with a mag elite) as it has a more rounded profile which I find more suitable for coarse uses since it lies better on the reel, requiring less bedding in.

Couple that with 178lb BS single strand wire trace (possibly a bit heavy, I might replace with 70-80lb 7 strand), and Im able to cast anything except those enormous Rapala display lures :)

argyll:

Big solid spoons are becoming hard to find.  

Did you get any of the big 45g Solvkroken Storaurens Gerry??

Let me know if you got any or want any. I got some direct from the factory but I was informed that they can be sourced in the UK through Shakespeare.

The contact details supplied by Solvkroken are shown below.

SHAKESPEARE COMPANY LTD,

ENGLAND

phone 00 44 15 27 513800 att: John Thomsett

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Thanks Andy, no I didnt. Should have remembered Shakespeare distribute Solvkroken. I bought three little Solvkroken cranks via Shakespeare about three years back. I'll go down to my local shop tomorrow and check out the Shakespeare trade catalogue. If theres a problem I'll let you know.

[ 24. November 2004, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

quote:

Joel get a decent strength braid mate then you can forget snagging and losing lures.Better to straighten a 75p hook than loose a £15 lure!
dont worry lol .. that was my first though just after buying a few heavier lures :D

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by argyll:

Big solid spoons are becoming hard to find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try the Dardevle 700 Series Lou J Eppinger Huskie-Jr Spoons,Williams 6" or the Nils Master 6" Trolling Spoon.First two from Cabelas.Nils Master from Friendly Fisherman (you will need a second mortgage though!)

The Dardevle spoons come in a huge range of weights (same length just heavier guages of metal) all need the trebles replacing as they are too big even for me! Cheap as chips too!

[ 24. November 2004, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!