Sleepless...

Spur-Hound

Sleepless night tonight... Its like a fekng oven with this muggy weather, even with windows open. Not to mention im chocked with the cold so sleeping dont look likely.Anybody got entertainment suggestions? TV isnt an option! Think ill resort to writing something, not all that sure what yet though...

Tight Lines

Shaun

Sink a few tubes mate

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Spur-Hound:

Sleepless night tonight... Its like a fekng oven with this muggy weather, even with windows open. Not to mention im chocked with the cold so sleeping dont look likely.Anybody got entertainment suggestions?

How about entertaining yourself with a handful of temazepam and a half bottle of whiskey. Honestly, you'll have so much fun banging on the neigbours door before you fall asleep naked with a half-pizza and chips all over your face.

That's what I'd do.... :)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

"How about entertaining yourself with a handful of temazepam and a half bottle of whiskey. Honestly, you'll have so much fun banging on the neigbours door before you fall asleep naked with a half-pizza and chips all over your face.

That's what I'd do.... "

Nice one poach!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

...you know it makes sense.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Air conditioning for the house?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Air conditioning for the house?

A very good idea! I can't take the heat for health reasons. Since getting a portable air conditioner a few years ago I get a much better night's sleep. They've come right down in price now, costing around £150 for one that has a tube you stick out the window. This isn't a good idea if you sleep downstairs, when one that needs a vent in the wall will be needed - these are more expensive.

BTW, most tumble dryer hoses fit portable AC units. Spare hoses are only a few quid and are much better than the short ones usually supplied with the AC.

Avoid one that bleeps when it needs emptying of water though! It's like a bloody alarm clock!

[ 19. August 2005, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'm quite tempted to get an AC too. Neither I nor my wife sleep well in a warm room. I'm also thinking that the water it extracts from the air might be handy for my softwater aquarium :)

Wouldn't help at the moment anyway, I'm still rotten with this virus from Hell. I seem to have spent the entire week dripping in sweat. The only thing helping me sleep is some paracetamol & codeine tablets, which always make me feel very drowsy and... odd. The codeine also suppresses the cough.