PHOTO HOSTING SITES

Janet

I’m probably going to sound a bit dim here, but please bear with me!

If my understanding is correct, I need to use a photo hosting site to store my photographs for uploading to the forum. Is there any way of posting a photo direct from my PC without using one of these sites? It’s much simpler for the monthly competition where I can just browse my files and select the ones I want to enter.

I’m currently using Photobucket, but I can’t say that I’m 100% happy with it. Although it’s a simple process, the site is slow to use, full of adverts and pop-ups and I really don’t like it. It’s also rather annoying that if I want to organise and move photo’s around that the links are then lost. Perhaps I’m asking too much, but is there a site that will help me get around this problem?

Also, I’ve noticed that whilst my photo’s are very sharp when I view them on my screen, once they’re posted on the forum they seem to lose some of that sharpness. Is that down to something I’ve done in Photobucket?

If I do have to continue using a photo hosting site, can anyone recommend any others?

Janet

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you click on the reply button at the bottom of the window you will see browse upload, but you have to resize your pics first i think.

other than that there is image shack but i have no experience with that

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

I always use http://www.tinypic.com/ for uploading photos for forum posts these days.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I always use www.photobucket.com just because its simple

Me too; just use *Firefox* with *Adblock Plus* and you won't see any pop-ups.