bait

golder3636

i need some help about baits ( corn , lunchen meat , expander pellets ) ok here goes,

sweetcorn: how do i add flavour to it? ive got about 10 bottles of "carp vader" and 1 bottle of " kryptonite superblinder , some kind of powder by marcel van den eynde " ( no idea what it is ) which i won on ebay the carp vader is thick syrup , can i just put it in a bowl and add water and stir?

lunchenmeat: how do i add flavour to the meat i.e curry powder and die to change the colour, can you use liquid additives to add flavour to the meat aswell?

expander pallets: ive never used pallets before (well expander / hookable ) ive brought a pump to make my own , got a rough idea how to do them , can you use pallet bands to band to the hook with solf pallets? or thay just for hookable use only ? how do i add flavour to the pallets? i want to put flavours to the expander pallets to attract the fish,

sorry for the newbie questions

many thanks craig

Luncheon meat - cut/break into hook bait size pieces - get a resealable plastic food bag and put some flavouring and colouring in, it should tell you on the bottle what the recommended amount is. Seal the bag and rub between your hands getting the mix all over the inside of the bag, put your meat in the bag, seal the bag and move the meat around until coated with your flavour/colour. You can make up a few bag fulls and freeze to save doing it evey time you go fishing.

Hope this helps, I am sure other will help with your other questions, if you want to flavour boilies then you can do it as above or get a plastic storage jar you can get them cheap in Tesco etc.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

To add colour flavour to expander pellets punp them as you normally would in water then when you put them in a bait box add the colourant/flavouring to a bit of water and let them sit in it. The pellets will draw the water and flavour as they expand. Always keep these pellets moist or they will turn back into floaters.

Soft pellets are either best hooked direct or hair-rigged as the pellet band is that tight it'll cut them in half. Just use hard pellet banded.

Pellet bands, on hard pellets, are usually used on a pole when you are fishing shallow because you can get a lot of line bites. If you miss a "bite" you can just lower the bait back in without having to ship your pole in to rebait (a soft pellet will fall off). Alternatively, you can use banded hard pellets when you have to cast a waggler or a feeder. If you don't have to cast too hard then soft ones, either bought soft or pumped expanders, are probably better.