Panama Mixed Bag

Bret Baker

There’s a wide array of species to catch in Panama, and a seemingly wider variety of ways to catch them! Poppers, swimbaits, live bait, cut bait and jigs can all be the ticket for large and exotic fish. Below are some random pics of fish caught on some of the above mentioned methods.

Which do you prefer, the mahi or the angler???

bikinimahi2.jpg

Pompano

pompano.jpg

Roosters anyone?

rooster.jpg

hugerooster.jpg

Amberjack are plentiful…….if you want to catch them that is ;)

AJ.jpg

Blue Jacks!

bluetrevally.jpg

panama0028.jpg

They call it a lemonfish

panama0006.jpg

Gosh, they certainly look a handful! :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Thanks for that,some great pictures and some great action by the look of it. The mahi,I take it that is what most folk here in the UK know as the dolphin fish? I tried for them once in a pals boat out from Malta,the mahi had migrated that day :D

Anyway if I was not happily married my vote would go for the angler in your first picture :rolleyes:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Anyway if I was not happily married my vote would go for the angler in your first picture :rolleyes:

John

she looks like the ideal fishermans wife, she can grow fishing rods out her back.... :lol:

the "lemonfish" is a rainbow runner....

very tasty... :thumbs:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif