Fireworks on the 16th

JV44

Guest Rabbit

Excited? yep you bet :yahoo: But the anticipation always seems to outweigh the reality on rivers, but to be by moving water again is for me what fishing is all about. I must admit to hear Anderloo saying that for him the majic has dimmed is sad, but I understand his sentiments, it's just that I have always been a dreamer and I still get excited every time I go fishing never mind the 16th.

This year I have not fished the lakes, so my appetite is not dulled, I must admit I am lucky to have four quality rivers on my doorstep the Severn Warwickshire Avon Teme and the Wye, so just where to start? Well the Teme and the Wye will be seeing more of me this season, and the Wye in particular, probably the most beautiful river and set in the most wonderful countryside, I mean what more can a man want?

So if anyone of you need to reignite that passion for rivers have a look at the Wye or Teme and see what a lucky bunny I really am :thumbs:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excited? yep you bet :yahoo: But the anticipation always seems to outweigh the reality on rivers, but to be by moving water again is for me what fishing is all about. I must admit to hear Anderloo saying that for him the majic has dimmed is sad, but I understand his sentiments, it's just that I have always been a dreamer and I still get excited every time I go fishing never mind the 16th.

This year I have not fished the lakes, so my appetite is not dulled, I must admit I am lucky to have four quality rivers on my doorstep the Severn Warwickshire Avon Teme and the Wye, so just where to start? Well the Teme and the Wye will be seeing more of me this season, and the Wye in particular, probably the most beautiful river and set in the most wonderful countryside, I mean what more can a man want?

So if anyone of you need to reignite that passion for rivers have a look at the Wye or Teme and see what a lucky bunny I really am :thumbs:

Do you need a lodger????????????? ;);):):)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Rabbit, if you start poaching my pre-baited swims on the Teme it'll be bank sticks at dawn!! :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

'Baited swim please honour'

Could also be used to put folk right onto some crap swims too.

"Caught much?"

"Nah, good swim though I hear"

"Yea, give it time. It normally throws up a few corkers....ahem"

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Im SO excited!!

its only my 3rd 'June 16th' so i really haven't had chance for the novelty to wear off yet!

I wont be trying the usual 4am arrival at favourite barbel swim only to find that im 5th angler on the bank. Instead il be starting at a more sensible hour and spending the day trotting for grayling/chub/dace/trout with my 'pin.

Only thing thats going to slightly spoil the party is that due to having my foot strapped up through injury, i wont be able to pull on the waders, so itl be a bankside approach.

Still excited though :yeah:

Could also be used to put folk right onto some crap swims too.

"Caught much?"

"Nah, good swim though I hear"

"Yea, give it time. It normally throws up a few corkers....ahem"

Andy i bumped into one of the carp guys that we often see on the river the night before last and he said to lure guys away from the areas he is targeting he walks around with a bucket of gravel and when he knows others are watching catapults into the river [obviously in areas he has found to be not great sport wise] or takes his boat and tips a whole bucket of the above in whilst in clear view of the hordes that are atracted to the river around this time ,this leads to the rumour mill starting :secret: and taking the newbees away from his spots ,He will be gutted if someone catches a lump from there :lol: all this cloak and dagger stuff makes my head spin.

I have also been baiting a spot on the river Kennet where our new mooring is which is the back side of a private island ,250 mtrs of unfished private backwater and very deep for the Kennet so cannot wait for the start as trying for my first barbel from the Kennet Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Totally agree on the anticipation outweighing the reality....give it a few weeks and I'll be moaning about lure/bait packets and litter on the river bank lol

In answer to your original question I'm getting excited. I am also very nervous about blanking as it's been so long since I fished! So long as I can catch a few tench and the odd carp/roach I'll be happy; who am I kidding I'll be happy with a gudgeon!

Rob

http://www.anglingwiki.com

Angling Wiki - the free online fishing encyclopaedia!

Am I excited? Actually, no! For the first time in my life I'm not at all. With all the intense tench/bream fishing in the closed season now, I'm sad to say that the magic of the 16th has gone. I might pop out in the evening after work for a bit of trotting, but the rivers are in very poor shape at the moment anyway.

I'm very jealous of all the very excited anglers desperate for the clock to strike 12 B)

Last year I fished canals during the river close season and enjoyed it.

But this year I decided to refrain from fishing at all, spurred on by a friend who had very traditional views on the close season.

And, though I envy you your tench, the feeling of anticipation, after 90 days of abstinence, is delicious.

I have all next week off and intend to visit three or four of England's greatest rivers.

Sheer delight...

That is until I snag, blank or even possibly fall in... :lol:

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

Guest tigger
Last year I fished canals during the river close season and enjoyed it.

But this year I decided to refrain from fishing at all, spurred on by a friend who had very traditional views on the close season.

And, though I envy you your tench, the feeling of anticipation, after 90 days of abstinence, is delicious.

Why not abstain for 6 months of the year as then the feeling of anticipation will be even greater :rolleyes: I'm sure there would be plenty of good reasons to have a 6 month closed season....or maybe even longer !

It seems to me that most people who want the closed season want it for all the wrong reasons...mainly a feel good factor!