florida?

john

Hi guys not strictly coarse fishing. I am off to Cocoa Beach in June to try some Florida fishing. I intend to take some gear for lure fishing. Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Hi John,

I would take a short medium action rod with you if you don't plan on buying one while you are there. My suggestion would be just that. Take an empty large suitcase and put a smaller one inside it (full) then you can do what you like with your empty one. :) There is a Bass Pro shop in Orlando. You won't be disappointed if you go! Its a short drive west. There is also a Dick's Sporting goods in Melbourne, a short drive south. I would opt for the Bass Pro myself.

Go for redfish and black drum and don't forget the flounder.

Take some pictures and share them!

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

I agree with Jeff. Get what you want while you are there and plan to spend way more time in the tackle shops than you think you will need.

BassPro is worth about a half day. Dicks is not as angling oriented so you can probably get in and out in less than a half day. Maybe.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President