What Is The Best Reel Under £50

bigginz92

Hi, I fish for mainly carp, they range from 6lb to around 30lb. I am after a baitrunner reel but only have £50 to spend. I bought a fox stratos around 6 months ago and the baitrunner has jammed twice and i have had two replacments. So I am after something alittle more realiable, maybe another shimarno. Is there anyone that could help me decide on the best reel in this small price catagory.

I haven't tried one (no need to - my current Shimano's refuse to break!), but click here and select the Baitrunner section. The Shimano Baitrunner ST looks like it fits the bill.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Try looking at some Okuma reels.....I can't grumble with any I've had after 7 years or so and mine have been used for pike fishing, which is test enough for any reel IMO.

....andy.....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Abu Garcia 5500/01 or 6000/01 (depending on your preference for right or left hand wind) are great although you use the clicker feature rather than a baitrunner. The reels tend to last for just this side of forever.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Whilst I was in my local tackle shop this morning buying today's pint of maggots I had a play with Shimano's new 6000 and 10000 Baitrunner ST reels, which incidentally appear to have identical bodies with just different depth spools. They certainly feel nice and solid. Such a shame that Shimano haven't seen fit to sell the smaller bodied 5000 size here in the UK yet.

Geoff

• 2 months later...
you cant beat shimano iv had mine for years you can now get shimano baitrunner st for 49 .99 from chapmans

That's the problem though. Your baitrunners are probably from when Shimano meant something. Their new reels are crap....plain and simple expensive crap.

You can buy far superior reels these days for half the cash.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Try looking at some Okuma reels.....I can't grumble with any I've had after 7 years or so and mine have been used for pike fishing, which is test enough for any reel IMO.

....andy.....

I agree with Andy on this one,i have two Okuma cassien 30 baitfeeder reels that i use for barbel fishing,they maybe a bit small for carp fishing so you would probably want to go for the larger 40 size.

http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/tackleshopcouk...t_feeder_reels.. I know they're a tad over your £50 budget but these reels are very smooth and a joy to use,well worth the money IMO

Hi, I fish for mainly carp, they range from 6lb to around 30lb. I am after a baitrunner reel but only have £50 to spend. I bought a fox stratos around 6 months ago and the baitrunner has jammed twice and i have had two replacments. So I am after something alittle more realiable, maybe another shimarno. Is there anyone that could help me decide on the best reel in this small price catagory.

Without trying the hard sell bigginz92, i'm just about to put a mint condition Shimano 5000GTE-B baitrunner on eBay and would be looking for £50 for it. It's a very solid bit of kit and come boxed with a spare spool.

Let me know if you're interested.

Regards

James

"if i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer!"