Special Hurricane Rita note to any with relatives in TX

Newt

My daughter and ten of the family members are holidaying in Cayo Coco in Cuba. Could any of our American friends or indeed anybody else tell what the devastation is like in that area. I don't seem to be able to find any points of contact and am out of my brains with worry.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Tinca:

My daughter and ten of the family members are holidaying in Cayo Coco in Cuba. Could any of our American friends or indeed anybody else tell what the devastation is like in that area. I don't seem to be able to find any points of contact and am out of my brains with worry.

From the sky.com article posted by mc_mrbishi

quote:

The Foreign Office in London is operating an emergency number 020 7008 0000 for members of the public concerned about friends or family believed to be in the area affected by the hurricane.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Is this the worse year ever for storms?? Or is it that over the years we have never noticed how bad they were, this seems to be really getting a lot of folk talking in the workplace etc over how terrible it is and everyone seems to think it must be the worse so far for a long long time, hope everyone who is near and those that have families there are all safe and well

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thanks Newt for the tip about having ready cash in the house - it was passed on and acted upon.

Trouble is, like any commodity, a run on cash will see bank branches run out of it!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Getting the cash is like evacuating - best done early if you need to do it at all.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanking you all for your input and best wishes. It still have heard nothing and all the helplines are about as much use as a chocolate teapots. I am now looking on the positive side of no news is good news and from what I now understand mobile telephoning is impossible and landlines calls out of the Cuba are much about the same. Keeping everything crossed until Oct the 4th.

Thank you all again.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.