ebay ,sense at last

chesters1

just had a e`mail from ebay about "surcharges" most important to me is the postage costs must be shown "up front" hopefully gone are the days of "winner will be notified of postage costs after item is won" :mad: its just been an excuse to get more money by putting greatly inflated costs on the item :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Ferret1959

I loved it when folk who I bought of insisted they posted even though they where only a short distance from me.

Saved £8 on postage buy traveling 40 miles, cost a couple of quid in fuel but I was out in their nick of the wood anyhow.

Just shows they want to make big bucks on overcharging for postage.

Hiya,I do try to keep p+p to a minimum, the number of times it's cost me much more to post than I've asked for,you wouldnt believe.But, thats my fault. I've sold a few items locally, and have delivered the items to the buyer,without charging P+P, but only if they are happy with it,sometimes people dont want you near their home,for some reason. In fact,I dropped an item off to a buyer once and collected the payment,which was left under the bin.

When I am bidding, I will not bid unless the P+P costs are stated, maybe thats wrong, but I am not going to be ripped off on P+P, I dont do it, and dont want it done to me.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya Sless, They sent an email to users to let them know about new "improved" rules to become "law" on Ebay. Not before time too, must be,because of complaints about rip offs etc.

Theocritis..

Hi Dave, I dont know, but they just (not always) dont want folks near there house,tho' I have their address(obviously). Maybe they like the anonimity of an online auction, sad people eh!!

Theocritis..

Guest Ferret1959

The tv I picked up was well worth the trip as the young lady selling it was a babe.

A very pleasant person too.

I'm waithing till she sells something else so I can bid on it, even if I don't need it.

The new rules mean that sellers can't charge extra for accepting PayPal, eBay's own extortionate way swapping money electronically.

However, sellers are allowed to pass on credit card charges.

Hmmmmm, methinks eBay is doing this for its own benefit, rather than its users, somehow.

I use eBay to shift surplus stock at work sometimes, but I keep praying for the day that a serious rival comes and wipes the money-grabbing swines out! :mad:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE