fuel prices

me

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea is flawed. Fuel companies ( BP etc ) will not be concerned one iota. The cost of fuel is not high, it is the extortionate taxes levied on fuel that is the problem and this idea is probably government generated as the government would love all you mugs to believe it is the fuel companies greed for profits and none of their doing.

I agree with yoxer. There was an e-message going around a few weeks back encouraging folks to boycott U.S. gas on Wed., May 19. It was largely ignored.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

ye i suppose you're right. But its strange why our country has such high taxes and yet if you go abroad it a lot cheaper most of the time. In the U.S. it's something like around $1.79 for a gallon of diesel or petrol or gas which works out to be about £1.05 per gallon. but because of the war in iraq petrol prices are going up and up. It should stop soon or one day we could be paying £2-£3 per litre or more!

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

theres nothing strange about it nathan, its because we have a history of greedy governments and we never stand up for ourselves, simple as that. americans simply wouldnt tolerate the level of taxation we have.

true. i think a lot of it is because of people having debts and they don't pay them off-last year the country owed £12 billion in debts and there are many other various things for example illegal immigrants but lets not go any further. so if the government is loosing masses amount of money they put taxes up that way they can make the money back.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

if you dont want to go any further on illegal immigrants, dont mention them in the first place, there are some very dodgy 'old fashioned' views held on this forum, views you would do well to ignore nathan.

also i'm intrigued to know how personal debts affect taxation levels, on petrol or otherwise?

[ 30. May 2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

severus:

I agree with yoxer. There was an e-message going around a few weeks back encouraging folks to boycott U.S. gas on Wed., May 19. It was largely ignored.

Heh,heh, there was an attempted boycot HERE(U.S) of BP and other large companies.

Didn't work any better than did yours.