prediction time

bluezulu

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeepster:

bluezulu, the flags are nothing to do with people showing pride in anything, its a gang mentality thing (bordering on nationalistic thuggery) for people with nothing more important in their lives. your aggressive response does you no favours. it amazes me that people get so emotional about a gang of overpaid princess's who believe it or not, dont give a sod about you and how you do at work.

So true. At the end of the day it is only 22 guys kicking a bag of wind about. :D

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Of course it's a "gang mentality thing (bordering on nationalistic thuggery)", have you seen those pensioners and mothers taking their kids to school all with flags on their cars?.........bloody hell, i'm to terrified to leave the house!

Or is it the mentality of some that make it seem socialably unacceptable to be English, living in England and show our support? mmmnnn

Smells like racism to me.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

i'm english (mostly), live in england and i do not feel the need to support a football team and fly symbols used by the far right on my car to reaffirm my national identity.

where does racism come into it? nationalism maybe but racism? i dont think so......

Well if someone posted what you did but exchanged England flags for say Pakistani or Indian flags, all hell would break loose with claims of abuse and racism. Not having a go jeeps, just an observation.

[ 14. June 2004, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

To be fair, I have been driving around in Southall and Hounslow a lot in the last couple of weeks and I have seen loads of Asians flying George's Crosses from their cars.

[ 14. June 2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest sslatter

Many years ago, I was given the "perfect betting system".

I had a mate who swore by it. "It never fails" was the shout, so..

He was an Arsenal supporter, and said that he always bet AGAINST his own team, so that if they lost, he was okay about it because he had won money, but if they won, he was so happy about it that he couldn't care less that he'd lost money. Get it? It's pretty damn "perfect" if you ask me.

That's what all us England supporters should do, innit?

There's only two outcomes: England start winning, and we're happy; England blow it again, and we win money..and we're happy.

Simple, innit? :D